UFM anybody recognise this?

redbloke1956

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
P1080066.jpgP1080063.jpgP1080064.jpgHi all, I opened my UFM to fit inspection plate and found this rattling around inside , any idea where it fits?
Kevin
P1080055.jpg

Last edited:

greg brillus

VOC Member
Hi Kev, It looks like the shroud that goes over the oil feed gause strainer at the rear, inside of the upper frame member. I can only guess that it stops air being sucked into the oil feed under heavy braking, where the oil may rush forward and leave the pickup exposed......not sure if there is a Vincent in existance that can stop that hard.....i'm sure most would agree that they seem to go better than they stop!!!Cheers for now.....Greg.

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
Hi Kev, It looks like the shroud that goes over the oil feed gause strainer at the rear, inside of the upper frame member. I can only guess that it stops air being sucked into the oil feed under heavy braking, where the oil may rush forward and leave the pickup exposed......not sure if there is a Vincent in existance that can stop that hard.....i'm sure most would agree that they seem to go better than they stop!!!Cheers for now.....Greg.

Hi Greg and Ossie, very few guesses out there but it seems you are both correct, it turns out that it is in fact a sludge Trap/eliminator?
I read something the other day, with a picture, and it seems that it fits over the oil pickup and when welded to its fitting the two side hole are some distance above the bottom of the tank.
This means that sludge would have to build up to a level higher than the holes befor it could get to the pickup.

Kevin

ossie

VOC Member
something strange going on here I NEVER put the last two replies about that component????????

A_HRD

VOC Member
Ossie, You've probably forgotten, it was 3 months ago after all!

Peter B
Bristol, UK