Uber Tardy Renewals

Monkeypants

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The Forum says I am recognized as a fully paid up registered member. The VOC Spares Co. says not. I think the Spares Company is correct, renewal slipped my mind. The notation on the Forum that greets me as a fully paid up member helped to keep my mind slipped for a long time.

Now I know why the April MPH is a bit late. Surprisingly, Jan to March showed up as per normal.
I've stopped waiting by the mailbox for the April MPH, at least until I get this renewal thing sorted out!

I have found the Club renewal form from November with the new number, however the online site listed - www.voc.com/renew- no longer exists, according to my computer. Was it taken away as punishment for the extremely tardy offenders such as myself?
I have at least 29GPB burning a hole in my plastic pocket, play your cards right VOC and it could be all yours very soon.

Unless I have to start all over again by requesting a new membership?

Glen

Last edited:

mercurycrest

VOC Member
I have at least 29GPB burning a hole in my plastic pocket, play your cards right VOC and it could be all yours very soon.
Unless I have to start all over again by requesting a new membership?

Glen,
If you'd forgotten to renew your Driver's License for 1/3 of it's valid life, would you not expect to have to start over? The rules are there to prevent chaos.
Jeeze, these people are volunteering lots of time and effort, give 'em a break!
Cheers, John

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
just asking the question John, not complaining in anyway, not sure whom it is I need to give the break to.

Obviously my mistake to miss out on renewing , but not the biggest mistake Ive made this year!

The title of the Thread is "Uber Tardy Renewals", didn't that give you some indication that I'm poking a little fun at myself?:confused:

Glen

Last edited:

bmetcalf

VOC Member
At least our late, lamented old "cherished" member numbers are no longer subject to loss.

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
I'm looking forward to having the newest of the "new" member numbers, at least for a day or two!:eek:

G

Graham Smith

Hi Glen

No, you haven't renewed your Membership - the absence of a copy of MPH through your letterbox should have given you a clue

The reason you were still listed as a paid up member (on this forum at least) is because I (we) have to manually remove the non-renewers from the forum - there's no automatic way of doing it, and unfortunately I haven't had the time to do it as yet.

I think I mentioned some time ago - what we're going to have to do is revert all VOC Members back to non-Members status, and then get them to put in their new Membership numbers, and we'll have to manually do the upgrade again. A pain I know, but there's no other way of doing it.

I'll try to find some time towards the end of the week to do it.

Graham

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
I'll sign up for the five year plan this time around.
That way it will be five years before I'll sit confused beside the mailbox, again.

Glen

Albervin

VOC Member
I have to say that the loss of our old numbers has had quite an effect on some. Imagine if you were OS0007 or OS0099 and are now 123489XX. Progress.

G

Graham Smith

I have to say that the loss of our old numbers has had quite an effect on some. Imagine if you were OS0007 or OS0099 and are now 123489XX. Progress.

Yeah, I can understand it must be quite sad to some people who have had their numbers for many years, but unfortunately, we just couldn't get the old numbers to work with the new database.

If it's any consolation, I can't remember my new Membership number either!