H: Hubs, Wheels and Tyres Tyres for Comet

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Gary,
Has your friend tried either Bike Bandit or Dennis Kirk? A couple of years back I found Avon AM26 for the road for my Shadow which has 21"front (90/90 21) and 19" (100/90 19) rear no problem. I've been buying tires recently for my classic Triumphs so I've been on these web sites looking around a bit. I've noticed that finding a suitable 21" street tire wouldn't be an issue. What seems to be difficult is finding a 19" rear tire in either the same model of tire or same brand. Though messing about just now on Dennis Kirk I found a 90/90 21 front Avon Road Rider MK II and a 120/90 19 rear Avon Road Rider MK II. I'm not sure a 120 would fit in a RFM though. There was a 3.25X19 rear Avon Road Rider MK II but then you would have a slightly narrower rear than front. Which I'm not sure that is a good idea, either safety or appearance wise.
Steven

Gary Gittleson

VOC Member
Not finding much. I did find Avon Speedmasters. Old fashioned. Then there's Coker. They seem to have something that would work. I will add that my friend doesn't push the corners very hard. Any additional thoughts?

LoneStar

VOC Member
True, the Speedmaster ribbed front tire is "old fashioned" - but so is the rest of the bike...

Being made with a modern compound, they're likely much grippier than the tires on the Vincents that averaged 78 mph in the Isle of Man Clubman TT races.