tyre kicking tester

ossie

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
had the shadow mot tested today all ok.
if you are looking for a friendly tester in the essex chigwell area try
www.hogbitz.com
yes he does deal in harleys but was previously a gold star man.also does a nice cup of tea.
i let him have a spin on me bike and he returned with a grin from ear to ear and said thanks a lot thats made my day.

Len Matthews

VOC Member
had the shadow mot tested today all ok.
if you are looking for a friendly tester in the essex chigwell area try
www.hogbitz.com
yes he does deal in harleys but was previously a gold star man.also does a nice cup of tea.
i let him have a spin on me bike and he returned with a grin from ear to ear and said thanks a lot thats made my day.

Ossie, I hope he does more than just kick the tyres. My local tester is very thorough and I'm glad he is because he spotted three broken spokes that I hadn't noticed.

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
mot test

I make you right Len. My freindly local tester is also very thourough, glad of it too. It does not matter how good we are, as the prophet said "he who never got it wrong never did anything". Keep it safe out there, remember these things are 60years old now! Roy.

ossie

VOC Member
len you should run a spanner round ya spokes and listen to the tune???
bits that are a bit loose etc are usually found when cleaning it.

John Cone

VOC Member
Cleaning "whats that". While your cleaning i'm riding. Cleaning is for the purists. Although i did spot a piece of fin has chipped off one of the front brake drums yesterday.:rolleyes:

Alan J

VOC Member
Spokes

Was it on your "outfit", Len? I once arrived at "the German Rally" minus about one quarter of me spokes!! Even today, I break spokes regularly-take of the "pram" I hear you cry{Judy will not allow it!!}.:confused::confused:

Alan J

VOC Member
Spokes-broken.

That is odd, Len, With me, it's either back wheel or sidecar wheel, never the front!:(:(

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Cleaning as crack detection

Colin Seeley was famous for his immaculate outfits. When asked why he evidently spent so much time cleaning and polishing, he explained that that way he was more likely to find any cracks. Pip Harris offered the same reason for his spotless outfit. A lot of race bike frames are bare steel, exactly for that reason. (Ingeniously they're wiped down with lathe cutting oil which emulsifies any water that gets on it.)
My bike is solo, but last time I cleaned my rear wheel, I found ANOTHER broken spoke, the third one. Whoops: once is happenstance, twice coincidence, three times is enemy action... I'm not an obsessive polisher, but that's enough justification for me to get the Gunk out once in a while.

Cleaning "whats that". While your cleaning i'm riding. Cleaning is for the purists. Although i did spot a piece of fin has chipped off one of the front brake drums yesterday.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: