twin sprocket carrier

shortun

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi All
I am in the process of converting my Rapide to disc brake front and rear ,Front brakes no problem but on the rear i want one disc and then i need a carrier for the sprocket as the brake drums will not be needed.
Has anyone got a good design for one, or does some one have one for sale.
Many Thanks

Len Matthews

VOC Member
I bought my Sprocket Adaptor many years ago from Roger Slater when he was operating near Bromsgrove. Does anyone know if his drawing still exists or if unsold stock was passed on to someone else?

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
I don't wish to be nasty, but if you are unable to draw up a simple adaptor to take a new sprocket, should you really be messing about with safety items like brakes?

Henry Martini

Non-VOC Member
Hi Shortun, I have a drawing and will copy same to you PM me with your Email address and I will gladly do so.

Regards

davidd

VOC Member
Dear Shortun,
I would urge you to have one made. Choose a sprocket that you like for its availability and then measure to the outside of the Vincent sprocket and use that as the outside of the dimension for the new carrier. Henry’s drawing should be very helpful. Give it to your machinist with a hub and he should be able to do it easily. I used a Suzuki RM sprocket because it was ¼” which is what I needed for the racer. I had it drilled for ten bolts, but I use five. You have to grind the side of the hex so they do not rotate. I used grade 8 bolts. The machinist made a spacer for me that had a series D style grease retainer cover that was integral. The stock Suzuki sprocket bolts make gearing changes quite easy as opposed to the ten tiny Vincent bolts. My machinist kept my drawing, but I could provide you with some pictures if you wish. You can contact me at the Egli Section.
David

bmetcalf

VOC Member
David a non-member? This time is different from the new member's status not getting updated right away?

grahamsharrock

Non-VOC Member
Hi Shortun
What discs did you use for the front? Did you use the vincent hub? I'm thinking about doing the same to mine.
Cheers
Graham

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Shortun, Would it not be easy to use a drum and brake plate, You don't have to use the brake parts, Just a thought, Cheers Bill.

shortun

VOC Member
Thanks for your none nasty comments,but i am testing to see if someone wiser than myself has either a diagram or one they dont need.
I dont have a lathe but good friends in the Herts and Beds are willing to help.
Yes I do agree it is a simple thing to do with the right tools. Cheers