Twin pull throttles

stumpy lord

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi norman,
as far as I remember it is complete but I will sort it out tomorrow, I cant do that today,as we have the grand son over and he needs both Gran and I to look after him.
cheers the other norman.

Tom Gaynor

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Magura levers

I got them mail order from Disco Volante, "somewhere in Wales". The lever fitted the PV brakes without modification - in fact the whole job, levers and brakes took only about an hour. The levers have the advantage of being cranked. I just checked the Magura throttle (shows how much I think about it!) and to my surprise it is quarter turn too, yet the bike runs very smoothly in traffic - my Ducati Monster needed a Throttle Rocker - or someone with far more sensitive hands - since a fraction of a turn had it wheelying or nose-diving. Possibly as part of the process of growing up I no longer have a snap-shut throttle on road bikes, and I think that makes a big difference. I use foam grips, which seem to provide exactly the right amount of friction to obviate the need for "The Vulcan Death Grip" when slightly compressed between throttle drum and bar-end mirror.
The Magura stuff isn't cheap, but I think they were money well spent. As were the PV brakes.

Thanks for responding Tom, I have just bought a nice Tomassellis but it is only about a quarter turn, haven't ridden the bike yet (front brake getting done by messrs Speet&Volker. Suspect it will be too quick an action. Can you remember where yoiu got the Magura. Regards dave