ET: Engine (Twin) Twin Exhaust

Dave61

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I was contemplating buying one of the Spares Co Spiral Baffle exhausts but then found Armours do one for around £75 which is significantly cheaper than £270.
I don't mind helping keep the Spares Co going but I'm not that wealthy even though I've got a Vinnie !
I'd appreciate opinions & must admit I will willingly pay for better quality/ performance.
Cheers in advance.
Dave.
Ps. I did do a search.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Been using Armours silencers on Vin's for 25+ years with no problems. Now their ex pipes are a different problem. They can fit, but with a bit of a struggle.

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
Thanks for the replies.
If I remember rightly there is a Dyno test confirming the HP increase with the Spares Co one but can't remember what they compared it with.
Have to look in my copy of Into the Millennium.
Cheers
Dave

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I was contemplating buying one of the Spares Co Spiral Baffle exhausts but then found Armours do one for around £75 which is significantly cheaper than £270.
I don't mind helping keep the Spares Co going but I'm not that wealthy even though I've got a Vinnie !
I'd appreciate opinions & must admit I will willingly pay for better quality/ performance.
Cheers in advance.
Dave.
Ps. I did do a search.
Armours, Chrome or stainless ?, There Stainless had a bigger hole a few years ago, But they tell me now they are both the bigger one. Cheers Bill.

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
Bill,
They just say corrosion proof materials on there site, wouldn't mind Stainless.
Just don't want to fit a silencer that strangles the engine.
Cheers
Dave

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Dave, I am not known to strangle Vin's, Ring there necks Maybe !!, Armours used to fit a small baffle plate, Deflector thingy, On the Chrome one, Not sure if they still do, But the Stainless one is a nice clear hole, Hope they have not changed them, Ring and ask.
I have 3 Stainless ones and will get another one this year, I think the stainless is under £100, Ring and ask.
Good Luck, Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
Cheers in advance.
Dave.
Ps. I did do a search.
Apples with Apples when comparing. Armours is a deflection silencer the price you quoted from Vincent Spares is for an absorbtion silencer The spiral baffel one also from Vincent Spares is the correct one the correct shape and the one used in the MPH test of performance.

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
Apples with Apples when comparing. Armours is a deflection silencer the price you quoted from Vincent Spares is for an absorbtion silencer The spiral baffel one also from Vincent Spares is the correct one the correct shape and the one used in the MPH test of performance.

Tim,
The Absorbtion silencer is £248.39 & the Spiral Baffle one i was thinking of getting is £269.99.
Have you got a preference for one of the three types you list ?
Can`t say I`ve heard of a Deflection silencer before, but I have lead a sheltered life !
Cheers
Dave