Turn Indicators

peter.clews

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Has anyone sourced a suitable combination handlebar switch to provide 1. Turn Indicators 2. Hi - Lo headlamp 3. Horn 4 etc I cant cope without signals I recall someone used a neat self cancelling Yamaha unit. Any ideas Regards Peter.

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi

Best bet is to go to bike rally / race meet / Matlock on Sunday and check the bikes on display. I use a Z1 Kawasaki switch from the 70s but it's probably classed as a very expensive classic part now. There are lots to choose from, it's down to personal choice more than anything else.

Leaving indicators on can be a real problem, especially with full face lids that stop you seeing the warning lights. Self cancelling is good, I had one on a BMW a few years ago, but sometimes it would cancel too soon, and gave me the odd problem. There's always the beeper, but watch out for blind people who think it's the Pelican Crossing signal to cross.

Howard

timetraveller

VOC Member
I use one off an early Honda across the bike vee twin but I know that the same unit was fitted to lots of other Hondas. It does not self cancel but otherwise is very good. It is the clutch lever, horn, dip switch, headlamp flasher and turning indicator control. The dip switch stands over 10 amps when using a 130 watt headlight bulb with no problems. :)

minivin

VOC Member
I concur, I have used a CB125T handlebar controls before, they have a very nice rounded look to them rather than the later bulky items. Unfortunately I weighed mine in for scrap alloy when I put my handlebars back to standard:rolleyes: however I have noted that the CB100 single also had the same controls!

peter.clews

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Having done some research on available equipment I am purchasing a switch from "Wemoto Parts" It looks exactly right with the switch made off with all the wiring (c£25) It is not shown as particular to any one model. Another excellent product is the Led Bar end indicators at Oberon Performance. I have bought Bar end mirrors from this source and quality is superb but pricey . Will advise progress Peter.

Howard

VOC Member
Puzzled! How do you fit bar end mirrors and bar end indicators.

A friend had bar end indicators many moons ago, he got tired of replacing broken ones. leaning bike against walls, garage doors not as wide as they used to be etc.

peter.clews

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Howard I mentioned that I had 3 years on BMW R69s . This had bar end indicators Breakage was never an issue I had assumed it might be a problem but none of my BMW pals ever had breakage . The website I mentioned Oberon Perfomance shows the arrangement better than words (n.b. I have no connections ) I fitted their mirrors on the bar ends with indicators . All the Best Peter:)

Michael

Forum User
VOC Member
On Crash Bar

I've been thinking of mounting LED Indicator lights on the ends of the crash bar I am building for my bike. I have been thinking they would be highly vulnerable to collateral damage from parking/general usage. Does anyone have any experience with such an arrangement?

peter.clews

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hello, Most BMW R50, R60, R69s, had Hella bar end indicators fitted either as original equipment or aftermarket . Colateral damage was not a significant issue. ( you dont need to lean them on the wall ,they have good stands ) On the end of the bars they are quite visible fore and aft . I think the concept of mounting on the crashbar will work fine. My concern would they be visible from the rear ? given the wide legged Vincent posture Regards Peter