PR: Proprietary Items TT carb

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Following on the discussion on TT carbs on a 'welcome too' post I see that there is a rare bird flown in on ebay

I have seen his stuff before and it all looks good he was the source for the BTH (original not electronic) mag on my grey flash
I only have a flange fitting carb on my GF replica because you dont find many clip fitting ones

Tricky

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi both
Trickybiker here! I’m not a commercial dealer in motorcycle spares, just got the one Vincent but had a few surplus parts and some rare bits for a few different bikes and thought someone might be looking for them.
If anyone might be interested, please ask questions through eBay...
Thanks TB

Cyborg

VOC Member
They should be a slip fit on the manifolds, so if you are doing something like converting a flange mount to spigot mount, you should bore the spigot after you acquire the manifolds. If the carburetor has been off and on a few times, the ID of the spigot is no longer round, so perhaps better to use the manifold OD... assuming you are using new manifolds. If you are using original ET32/4 or ET32/5, then the male spigot won’t be round anymore either, so you’ll have to average it out... basically pick a number. It will be “somewhere” in the neighbourhood of 35.75mm (numbers do seem to vary) As I understand it, Vincent’s 32mm TT is in pretty decent shape, so he may come up with a slightly different number, but still think it’s better to match the carb with the manifold... but just guessing what you are up to.

Last edited:

timetraveller

VOC Member
I can tell you what he is up to. I am providing him with a new front bronze adaptor for a 10 TT9 carb. However, Chris also has one with a slightly different suffix which seems to be exactly the same as a 10 TT9 except that it is handed and has the adjuster screw on the other side. He would like to be able to use either carb but his 10 TT9s are miles away from where he is with the different one and he just asked me if I knew the sizes. I don't but cannot imagine why Amals would have made clip fitting 10 TT 9 with different internal diameters to the clip fitting part. The one he has access to is 36.85 mm so the question is what is a standard one, or if they are variable, what is the range?

Last edited: