• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

PR: Proprietary Items TT carb

vibrac

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Following on the discussion on TT carbs on a 'welcome too' post I see that there is a rare bird flown in on ebay

I have seen his stuff before and it all looks good he was the source for the BTH (original not electronic) mag on my grey flash
I only have a flange fitting carb on my GF replica because you dont find many clip fitting ones

Cyborg

VOC Member
They should be a slip fit on the manifolds, so if you are doing something like converting a flange mount to spigot mount, you should bore the spigot after you acquire the manifolds. If the carburetor has been off and on a few times, the ID of the spigot is no longer round, so perhaps better to use the manifold OD... assuming you are using new manifolds. If you are using original ET32/4 or ET32/5, then the male spigot won’t be round anymore either, so you’ll have to average it out... basically pick a number. It will be “somewhere” in the neighbourhood of 35.75mm (numbers do seem to vary) As I understand it, Vincent’s 32mm TT is in pretty decent shape, so he may come up with a slightly different number, but still think it’s better to match the carb with the manifold... but just guessing what you are up to.

Last edited:

timetraveller

VOC Member
I can tell you what he is up to. I am providing him with a new front bronze adaptor for a 10 TT9 carb. However, Chris also has one with a slightly different suffix which seems to be exactly the same as a 10 TT9 except that it is handed and has the adjuster screw on the other side. He would like to be able to use either carb but his 10 TT9s are miles away from where he is with the different one and he just asked me if I knew the sizes. I don't but cannot imagine why Amals would have made clip fitting 10 TT 9 with different internal diameters to the clip fitting part. The one he has access to is 36.85 mm so the question is what is a standard one, or if they are variable, what is the range?

Last edited:

timetraveller

VOC Member
Vincent, the shape that you show is more or less the same as the bare castings from which I supply either the bronze of aluminium manifolds. That shape was adopted so that manifolds could be made to fit either clip fitting, flange fitting or rubber tube mounted carbs by machining the outer end to fit. It was intended that the final length and shape should match the original Lightning or Flash carb adaptors from the early 1950s. If there is a need for shorter adaptors to allow the front carb to fit under the petrol tank then those could possibly be machined from the same casting but they would lack the length determined by the Works to optimise performance.

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
You supplied them Norm.
Haha..

I thought one day i get those mikunies off.
And put on that 10tt9.

Ive got for the other side a flange one
Not without trouble to convert to clip.
So will weld up some alu.

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?