Trying to make a Vincent

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Occasionally, very rarely these days, something special comes out of Japan. I can see why it would have been expensive to make, just like the original!! The clearances around the engine would make any sort of
maintenance at home a nightmare.

timetraveller

VOC Member
It is interesting, and I know that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, but to me the Vin at the top of this thread is much more beautiful than the Honda

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
It is interesting, and I know that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, but to me the Vin at the top of this thread is much more beautiful than the Honda
I have owned some 35 or so bikes in my life and, even though it is only the "little brother" of the twins, I think that the Comet (recently purchased) is easily the most handsome of all that i have owned.

Alan J

VOC Member
The most beautiful vee-twin is the three and a half Morini-it is difficult to beat the Italians for style and flowing lines!!:D :D

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
The most beautiful vee-twin is the three and a half Morini-it is difficult to beat the Italians for style and flowing lines!!:D :D
I went and looked at a three and a half Morini....sorry, gotta say UGLY!! (to me) looks like two Rotax (Matchless) Barrels stuck together....definitely prefer looks of Vin (IMHO)
Cheers
Kevin

Albervin

VOC Member
I went and looked at a three and a half Morini....sorry, gotta say UGLY!! (to me) looks like two Rotax (Matchless) Barrels stuck together....definitely prefer looks of Vin (IMHO)
Cheers
Kevin
Once again a thread goes sideways. So let's really go off on a tangent. Without disputing the Vincent V twin is one of the most charismatic and iconoclastic engines EVER made, what about V twin motorcycles as a whole? As someone who is totally biased ( I have both) then an Aprilia RS 250 Race Replica has to come close to the most beautiful (modern) bike ever to see the light of day. IF the Morbidelli V8 or Mondial Piega had ever made it to production then it would be a close thing with the Mondial! The Morbidelli having far too many cylinders to qualify as a V twin ....

Last edited:

Bracker1

VOC Member
Hi Victor, Check the USA Ebay site. There is a project Vincent for sale. Seems to have a lot of the bits for a nice bike,at least a good start.. At 15K USD, with todays prices, seems fair. Good Luck, Dan from the freezing North