Trust No One

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Being serious for one moment (sorry about that chaps) it could be the speed of your internet connetion. I have what over here is called 'fibre to the cabinet'.. That is there is a high speed fibre optic connection to within about 400 yards, after which it is copper wire. It might pay you to check the speed of your internet connection and there are many free tests available on line.

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
That was my thought too, although my connection speed is high. Not long ago we had a 5mbps wifi package, but it would not always run Netflix, which requires 3mps for best results. I downloaded a speed test app and that showed an actual connection speed of 2.5 when things were working and 1 or 1.2 when Netflix would drop out.
I checked with the provider and they informed me that the 5 MPs connection doesn't actually run at that speed anywhere, however it is possible that it might some day, if only for a millisecond!
They sold me a shiny new data type service that does run at 21 to 25mbps on test. That is quite fast I think, although it's all Welsh to me!

Glen

Gary Gittleson

VOC Member
Just checked mine. It's advertised as 200 mb/s. It never approaches that. Right now, it's at 66.5 download and 33 upload. That's quite adequate for my needs. I suppose if I were 18 instead of just under 80, I'd be gaming online and would need a lot more.