Where Are You Now? Trials Comet

Prince Duster

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Kurt Schupp built a copy of The Arbuthnot Iron and it was in his museum for a number of years.I gave him a few special bits that I had had made (eg rigid rear end in place of the rear suspension units)
Does anyone know what became of that bike? .As far as I am aware it was never ridden in a trial
Evening Colin and others - is this the bike? I re-visited Kurt and Manfred a few years back, not long before Kurt passed away, on the way to check out my father's B Rapide, which was at the Hokkenheim Museum. I bought the bike a little later. I stayed with Manfred and his family; he very kindly drove me to the museum to inspect the bike in his open top 325 BMW. Great trip.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 23.25.08.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 23.25.08.png
    321.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 23.28.32.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 23.28.32.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 23.33.04.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 23.33.04.png
    244.2 KB · Views: 46

Bradley Burt

Non-VOC Member
"The Vincent HRD Story In South Australia" by Paul Wilkins page 170 shows a Trials Comet parked outside the factory with Phil Vincent's Bristol car shown in the carpark.

Colin

VOC Member
David
I'm 99.9% sure this is the bike Kurt built as a copy of mine. It has the same small exhaust on a length of flexible pipe, wide bars, Honda fully sprung single seat, tank bag with map pocket, "Bantam" gaiters & shaped "bash plate" etc.
The real cruncher though is the "Ammo" pouch for tools by the F106, one of the bits I gave Kurt.
This picture shows the bike with rear suspension, mine ran with or without rear suspension and with other changes depending upon what class I was competing in. Make that 100%, although I always had a gear lever!