Tracking The History of My Rapide

Buzz Kanter

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Along with the motorcycle I recently was fortunate enough to purchase I got some paperwork including the old registration info of previous owners in England.

I was hoping to learn more about my machine, so if anyone knows this machine of any prior owners I'd appreciate hearing from you.

The engine numner of my 1948 Rapide is F10/AB1010, chassic # is R2910.

Most recent owners include Robert Rowe of Tunbridge Wells, and Harold Savage of Rugby.

All leads appreciated.

Thanks.

Buzz Kanter

Non-VOC Member
I live near Rugby, Buzz, I will make some enquiries when the snow goes!

Wonderful and thanks. I have always been fascinated with the history of the various old motorcycles I have owned over the years. And previous owners can sometime share a lot of otherwise lost details.

I added a few photos of the bike as it looks today. They are in the library here if anyone is curious.

Last edited:

Newbs1

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi Buzz,
I contacted Gordon Powell regarding my Rapide's history. Gordon is the Machine registrar he was able to send me photocopies of the original factory documents despatch notes etc. Again there is a small cost of £5.00 for this service. Gordon can be contacted on machinedata998@voc.uk.com.
Regards,
Geoff

Buzz Kanter

Non-VOC Member
Hi Buzz,
I contacted Gordon Powell regarding my Rapide's history. Gordon is the Machine registrar he was able to send me photocopies of the original factory documents despatch notes etc. Again there is a small cost of £5.00 for this service. Gordon can be contacted on machinedata998@voc.uk.com.
Regards,
Geoff
I dropped him an email and he responded promptly with what info he needed from me and where I could find it on the machine. I found and forwarded what I could. What a wonderful resource this VOC is turning into. Thanks to all.