davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
images_news_2014_11_big_IMG_0423.jpg

David

Little Honda

Non-VOC Member
It´s so easy: If you are young, healthy, rich, ably talented and have a lot of time, you can build something like
this nice machine!

Albervin

VOC Member
I like to think I played a very small part in that build. The painter rang me and asked if I had any Vincent scroll transfers. Of course I did. He had three days to finish the job and no time to obtain any via mail. I suggested he also place a Mercury transfer on the centre top of the tank. No, he said. BUT all Vincents have the Mercury crest! It has a Mercury crest.

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
I saw this on "faceache" earlier. It looks good, but it has issues . Some more important than others. My norvin has seven first class concours wins, I reckon that gives me the right to be picky.

Last edited:

Albervin

VOC Member
Sounds fair but
1) What are the issues?
2) Do you ride your Norvin or just show it?

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
It appears I missed a bit out. The mudguards look too close to the tyres to account for the "fling" at speed. The fuel pipes could do with some sorting, looks untidy to me . My own bike has been ridden on several occasions will ride it more when I can make it legal.

vibrac

VOC Member
Nice special,the shape of the fairing headlamp and the thick telie legs remind me of something about a production or prototype bike I saw long ago can anyone help me? Perhaps it was at an Earls Court show

Little Honda

Non-VOC Member
It appears I missed a bit out. The mudguards look too close to the tyres to account for the "fling" at speed. The fuel pipes could do with some sorting, looks untidy to me . My own bike has been ridden on several occasions will ride it more when I can make it legal.
Roy,
from what I see on the picture, the tyres are new and the mudguards front and rear are very stiffly laid out
and are (my guess) app. 3/8" away from the new tyre thread, which is not too narrow. You must not mix up
these mudguards with the rolled alloy items you are getting over the counter, everywhere.
From my point of view, this is a near perfect variant of a modern Vincent - end of sentence.