HB: Handlebars Touring bars?

TouringGodet

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
This one looks closer to the touring bar shape

Edit - now I see both are the same shape, it’s just the angle of the photo of the chrome version does not show the bends the same as the photo of the black version.

Last edited:

davidd

VOC Member
Here is a photo:

Touring Bars 1.jpg

David

Andy H

Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Gary,
I have a touring Rapide with Vincent Spares co touring bars. I have now done over 55,000 miles in total comfort. Last long ride I did was 500 miles in a day to Rhiems in France via Gloucester UK and the `chunnel`. Still had enough energy to party and not fatigued at all. Give a much more comfortable riding position and of course extra leverage when manhandling the beast on and off stand and around the yard.
I have just bought a standard Comet and will see if I like the bars other wise I will soon fit touring ones

Attachments

• Hell of a long wacrop.jpg
    Hell of a long wacrop.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 60

Andy H

Forum User
VOC Member
And if its any consolation after a fall which tore shoulder tendons and a bad diagnosis I ended up with a complete reverse shoulder replacement. Even more reason for the wider higher bars. Done seven years ago now and totally pain free.

davidd

VOC Member
Gary,

It is not mine, but it is a matching numbers red Rapide owned by Pat Manning. It is for sale if anyone is interested. The Factory supplied it with the mudguards and the touring bars as they appear in the photo. I believe Pat worked with Sam Manganaro to get a new set of bars to match the stock touring bars. That model was the best.

David