Top Gear

Shadowman

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Great Fun, but...

It surely was great entertainment but I couldn't understand how the Jaguar and the train enjoyed really nice weather all the way and the Black Shadow which was supposedly on the same roads at the same time on the same day got a good soaking in several places?

Len Matthews

VOC Member
It surely was great entertainment but I couldn't understand how the Jaguar and the train enjoyed really nice weather all the way and the Black Shadow which was supposedly on the same roads at the same time on the same day got a good soaking in several places?

We never did find out whether Richard Hammond actually reached Edinburgh did we? If this "race" had been run in the steam era on the railway there would have been no contest. Water troughs between the rails would have enabled the loco to pick up water at speed and some had corridor tenders that permitted a crew change on the move. Watch the British Transport film of the "Elizabethan" to see how it was done.

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
I knew Hamster would struggle to start it :D Also , he obviously only pose rides as he was evidently far from accustomed to long distance riding !
Best part was Jezza's face after some time stoking !!

G

Graham Smith

I don't think it's possible to download it from iPlayer, then to upload it to You Tube. As you say, it's a licence-payer thing.

I'm pretty sure the BBC would have thought of people doing this when they designed the iPlayer software.

The only way of doing it (as far as I know), is to have recorded it from when it went out live, then to upload it from that source.

ossie

VOC Member
hammond should have had his shredded wheat and some codliver oil capules for his knees and he might have made a better attempt at it .
my throttle has a screw to hold it open on boring roads even the missus said didnt he have one of those things youve got.?? on the throttle.
OSSIE
did feel a bit dissapointed at the outcome after telling everone i knew to watch it.
no problem with the bike ERNIE. and i was only 9 stone when i bought mine and i could start it ok.even if i had to bump it and still do when needed.