Tool Supply

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I hate sending off for things, But ordered a Reamer from Tracy Tools, Thursday, Even with a stock problem, It was here Saturday.
Super job. Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
I ordered a 3/4 X 26 bsc tap ( work out what for!) On Thursday at 11.00am it arrived at 1.00 Friday Cornwall to Bedfordshire !
Tracy tools are fast!

vibrac

VOC Member
My guess - you've still got clutch problems??
Peter B
Spot on but I think I have cured it multiplate woe was 90% nut 10% shims Caldwell will be the proof I certainly could not slip it in a hairy road test....

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Tim my handsome, Tracy tools are in Devon where they put the clotted cream on first then the jam.
In Cornwall we call it "thunder & lightening" with the jam (I prefer combed honey) first then the clotted cream in equal thicknesses. !!

Alan J

VOC Member
Tim my handsome, Tracy tools are in Devon where they put the clotted cream on first then the jam.
In Cornwall we call it "thunder & lightening" with the jam (I prefer combed honey) first then the clotted cream in equal thicknesses. !!
My friend bought a reamer from Tracey tools and it was useless! - made in India! Glad to see you are active again, Marcus! Judy and I are swanning about in Uzbekistan, but not by bike!

vibrac

VOC Member
There is a vast difference between commercial tool use and workshop use while I perhaps would buy high quality taps in 5/16 and 1/4 bsf carbon steel is good enough elsewhere how many times will I use a 7/16 cycle tap?

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
There is some Rubbish out there !, The Wife got me some Drill Bits, From a Boot Fair, And when I was drilling something on the Drill Press, It Bent !!, Never seen that before.
She brings me all sorts of Junk Tools, But I have to say, I always find a job for them , In the end.
The Reamer I have just bought , Is called Solar ?, It says HSS, But we will see, It must be better than Nothing ?.
I only want to take out a few thou'. Cheers Bill.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Maybe it's just me, but I would rather spend a bit more and get a quality tool, even if it's for a one off, rather than risk ruining a job and having to start again. "Don't spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar." was what both my parents used to say to me anytime I tried to do a job on the cheap. There is a place near me called Wholesale Tools. They have a huge catalog of machine tools, cutters, taps, dies, reamers, drills, etc.. The stuff they sell comes from all over, the U.S., Japan, China, India, what have you. I try to buy stuff made here in the U.S. but some times I can't get what I want or it is ridiculously expensive. The catalog indicates that which is U.S. made and that which is imported, so I've developed an order of preference when buying imported. After being made here I'll look for Canada, U.K. or Western Europe, Japan, then finally China or India. What I have noticed is a brand called RDX is decent and reasonably priced.
Steven

Cyborg

VOC Member
There is some Rubbish out there !, The Wife got me some Drill Bits, From a Boot Fair, And when I was drilling something on the Drill Press, It Bent !!, Never seen that before.
She brings me all sorts of Junk Tools.

Maybe it’s just me, but I would be awfully suspicious of a wife that bought me tools. There is another “shoe” dropping somewhere.