Tool Roll

coomo

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Guys.Apologies, if ive missed a thread, but im looking to build a custom tool roll for my Norvin.Is anyone aware of a link
detailing tools which comprise a Comet tool roll?
If not any suggestions for "fix by roadside" tools that are deemed essential,would be appareciated.

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I got 6 miles from home and thought, Something is wrong, I forgot my back pack !.
Could not get home quick enough.
New plugs, Plug spanner, Is a must.
Water , Small mole grips, Torch, Spare Coil !!, Gaffa tape, Screw drivers, + lots more. Cheers Bill.

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
I used to carry a piece of a spoke, with a mark on it for timing the ignition, but now I have a proper piston stop. I actually used the spoke once, and when I checked the timing back home with a degree wheel and buzz box, it was pretty close.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
I used to carry a piece of a spoke, with a mark on it for timing the ignition, but now I have a proper piston stop. I actually used the spoke once, and when I checked the timing back home with a degree wheel and buzz box, it was pretty close.
Here's my spoke with filed notched at TDC and the firing point (the wire loop is usually added after you drop it in the chamber and you had the foresight to use a magnetic spoke) :

Timing Tool.jpg