Too much time on my hands!

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
My wife asked me for my honest opinion on her new hair style..
That's when the fight started.:p

John Cone

VOC Member
At what time in life does a guy become diplomatic. My better half spent an awful long time in town shopping for an outfit, when she arrived home and asked my opinion I gave the correct one "thats wonderful dear didn't take long to get sorted then" at that point enter No 1 son @ 13 yrs old and full of wisdom says" my god where did you dig that up from". An argument arose into why I couldn't tell her what I really thought of the outfit. I did try and show No 1 son the errors of his ways. Whether he took it in we shall find out someday.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
You wait till she finds out how much your Bikes are worth, My brother sold his last year, Now she knows !! Now I am in trouble !!Good Luck Bill

mr.hutch

VOC Member
Just for what it's worth then,

In humour mode,
and this is a totallty true example, from a gent in Tesco's carpark Sudbury Suffolk, but a few days ago.

" Oh, a Vincent, is it watercooled ?".

This person is looking across the top of the Seib Sidecar at the fins of both cylinders !!
He made an exit in a very very large 4x4, none the wiser, nuff said.
Seriously though what can you say?

go careful mr hutch

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Mine was water cooled ---At the Annual Rally -- Through the Lake District -- For 15 miles coming through Manchester -- for a whole day near Portsmouth, But now in France the water cooling feature seems to have been disabled.

Robert

timetraveller

VOC Member
Reminds me of the time about five or six years ago when I was on the Dieppe to Newhaven ferry. The bike was on a trailer behind the car as I had taken it to the south of Spain for a bit of hot weather biking. As we arrived in Newhaven and went down to join our vehicles a gent with female in tow he obviously felt he had to impress said in a loud voice 'what a wonderful example of a completely original classic bike'. I really did not have the heart to point out the car alternator, the indicators, the polished front fork blades, the chromed headlamp, the chromed rear frame triangle, rear stand and rear mudguard stays, the large gold coil in the 'D' position, the rev counter and the clock, the five gallon ally petrol tank etc etc. I just hope he was more competent at keeping his lady happy than he was at recognising 'standard' when he saw it!

timetraveller

VOC Member
Kerriikii!! Honest guv! It is a lot less flashy than it sounds. It is acutally the ex-Cecil Mills production class road racer and all the chrome bits came with the bike. I have only added the bits which I think make it more suitable for modern road conditions.