E: Engine Todays task

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Yes you get it all sorted ... Then.... push the reflector assembly in and all those connectors get the strain we have all been there

brian gains

VOC Member
Feck!

Attachments

• frntex.jpg
    frntex.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 58

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
Yes I have, it's full.
Not surprising for a bike with throttle by wire, ride modes, o2 sensor circuitry, traction control, abs, heated grips, electronic fuel injection, diagnostic circuitry and so on.
For the current project bike, which will have none of the above, it might be nice to go back to basics. Maybe 4 fuses and 4 circuits.
And a big brass squeeze horn like Marcus has, there's one circuit deleted!
Is there a lightweight alloy version?

Glen

Cyborg

VOC Member
Yes you get it all sorted ... Then.... push the reflector assembly in and all those connectors get the strain we have all been there
Well.... not saying you are wrong, but I did “plan” ahead. Because it’s mostly a collection of parts from a dumpster (tip for you folk) I can do whatever I need to do. There is a contact strip riveted to the back of the bucket which tames most of the single wire/connections, switched power feeds and dedicated grounds. There are 4 other tethers attached to the bucket at 2,5,7, and 10 o’clock which are supposed to keep the main harness, handlebar switch harnesses etc secured and away from the centre and ensure there is enough room for the headlight connector. I’m using a sealed beam that is fairly shallow and doesn’t take up too much real estate. There are a few wires ( ignition sensor grounds, A/F gauge, wideband sensor heater etc. that I can run elsewhere if need be, but there seems to be enough room. The tethers should prevent any chafing.... anyway, it’s still a plan (and a work in progress). Hopefully the pudding that contains the proof will be served up shortly so I can move onto another project that is not so devoid of logic and sanity.

Last edited:

Magnetoman

VOC Member
Stuffing a million miles of spaghetti into a 6 1/2” bucket.
Thirty years ago my Triumph Trident's headlamp bucked looked exactly like that. Until it abruptly lost power on an 85 mph curve on the Interstate, with a steep drop-off leaving me no way to get more than 2 ft. off the highway. That experience taught me to be a lot less cavalier with wiring.