• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

For Sale To see on eBay

john998

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Hello, the engine number looks a little odd. But he gets full marks for flimflam, and rubbishing all motorcycle clubs. John.

vibrac

VOC Member
Re the Black Lightning replica on ebay…

I'm sure it could be easily argued that that statement is false representation - either by the vendor or Vincent HRD Company.

Unless the Vincent HRD Company have fraudulently obtained a set of factory records, then there's no way of knowing the 'frame and engine numbers are correct'.

Maybe they mean the frame and engine numbers have been inspected by the Club?

@vin998 ?
Depends on who the "Vincent HRD Company" are, the only one I know- the real one, ceased trading in 1960 odd of course back in pre1955 they had the records because they wrote them( I say pre 55 as it got a bit ragged at the end) if ithe letter was from them (and I never heard of them doing one) it could possibly be true, when did the club obtain the works records?

Sakura

VOC Member
Depends on who the "Vincent HRD Company" are, the only one I know- the real one, ceased trading in 1960 odd of course back in pre1955 they had the records because they wrote them( I say pre 55 as it got a bit ragged at the end) if ithe letter was from them (and I never heard of them doing one) it could possibly be true, when did the club obtain the works records?
Check out company registrations on the internet. The Vincent HRD Co is still a legal entity.

vin998

VOC Member
The Vincent HRD Co still issue certificates of authenticity signed by P Vincent. He must have signed quite a few certificates before he passed away in the late 1970's. Those in the know who is creating these certificates. They certainly don't have or ever had the factory records as I have them here.
The VOC stopped issuing "certificate of authenticity" 15 years ago and I have no record of my predecessors issuing such a certificate to the seller of this bike.
Simon
VOC Machine Registrar and custodian of the original Vincent factory records on behalf of the VOC who own them.

vin998

VOC Member
The Vincent HRD Co still issue certificates of authenticity signed by P Vincent.
Sorry I was thinking of Vincent Motorcycles Ltd who issue their own certificates (not The Vincent HRD Co).
Just looked Vincent Motorcycles Ltd up and it looks like it has been dissolved as a company, so hopefully no more suspect certificates.