To good to be true

A_HRD

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
This one was sold by Bonhams at their Las Vegas Auction early in 2012 as I remember it.
Somewhere about $50K I think. So it appears to have de-valued somewhat!!!

Peter B
Bristol, UK.

Howard

VOC Member
Perhaps ask to inspect it and offer to collect and pay by cash.

This looks similar to the scam I mentioned in an earlier thread. If anyone bids for it, don't be conned into anything short of paying cash on collection. There's no payment method mentioned, and I suspect it will be "stored a long distance away" from the prospective buyer.

H

ogrilp400

Non-VOC Member
These bods need to be called on these things. As soon as the ad appears, ring and ask to inspect the bike. Take cash with you and if all seems ok then pay and take the bike there and then. It is quite possible that they are monitoring this and other sites so that if it all becomes much talked about they scurry off. With todays instant on the spot communication numbers can be checked there and then. It is possible that a bike can be stolen. Get them to sign applicable paper work, take photos, lots of them not only of the bike but of the seller and his surroundings and other vehicles. Take some one with you, they can be observing whilst your talking. The sooner dodgey sellers realise this is the scrutiny they are up against the more they will think about dodgey selling.