Tire Pressures - Avon AM 26

rwhitne2

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
per advice on this forum I have just replaced the Speedmasters w/ Avon AM 26 frt and rear in std size, Forum advice has been 25# frt and rear. An old hand here has Michelein Macadams on his Knight and found 32 -33 best a/c the modern designs have softer sidewalls etc. That would be way too hard on the old tires and the dreaded head shake fear arises. Any thoughts appreciated. Riding an unrestored but upgraded (VOC brakes etc) D Shadow w/ hydraulic steering damper (thanks to Russel Kemp). Mike Whitney

John Appleton

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Mike, I agree with the knight owner. I run the same pressures on my B, with girdraulics, standard damper and avon tyres. Never had any handling problems apart from when I tried the circa 25psi setting. Very "squirmy"and vague steering.
John

Howard

VOC Member
hi

If you ring or email Avon tech dept they'll tell you what pressures to use.

I emailed them last year, and they recommended 30 psi front and 32 psi rear for Roadriders on my Egli.

Sorry, I haven't got the email address anymore, but I'm pretty sure all the details are on their website.

H

Albervin

VOC Member
I gradually increased the pressures in my AM26 tyres from 26 to 34. I settled on 32 rear and 30 front solo and 34 rear 32 front fully loaded. Series B with Bramptons and damper front and rear.

rwhitne2

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks for that Mate as a modern Australian might say; You made me laugh - a great gift from some one who knows about real stuff/life Mike