• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

ET: Engine (Twin) Timing Chest Cover - Magnet

Chris S

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
I am replacing the gasket on my twin timing chest. While cleaning the outer cover I see there is a steel magnet lock wired to the inside of the cover.

Is this original fitment or something a previous owner has added?

Not sure I like the idea of it being in there as the thought of it breaking loose in there doesn't bear thinking about!

On a positive, there was virtually no contamination on the magnet.

If anyone knows whether it should be there or not, I would be grateful if you could reply.

Chris Smart

Marcus Bowden

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Yes, a photo would be good as magnets are wonderful things and so powerful these days and any broken bits of steel that happen to be floating about are very likely to get court by it. I keep one in the filter housing inline of the entry hole, no shiny speckles on the felt filter.
bananaman.

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?