Timing Case Correction Jig

1660bob

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Yep, `tis true,the Scapa Flow wrecks have provided uncontaminated steel: as an ex employee of BNFL,(i think I can say this without breaking the Official Secrets Act!). In a plant where radioactive materials were processed, workers like me had to be monitored from time to time to ensure we had not ingested any radioactive material so we routinely went for a chest scan.The room where the scanner was housed was constructed from sections of hull plate cut from HMS Natal, sunk at Scapa, to provide a screened environment so the scanner would not pick up any background readings. I always wondered if the scanner itself would be "contaminated" as it would obviously a modern machine. Bob

Little Honda

Non-VOC Member
That´s right, Bruce. I am living near the biggest brown coal power plant of the world. It is also one of the dirtiest due to its size. Around the plant at some
1 - 2 miles distance grow holleyberries at a size like peas. Nowbody collects them there.
Since Fukushima they are firing their ovens full power and are building even more power plants, as they have to close their nuclear plants during the coming
15 years from now.
At least, we don´t have hurricanes, over here in Germany. It is easy for our politicians, to see the TV- reports of the climate change on the other side of the atlantic and enjoy more and more mediterranean climate in formerly cold Germany...
And, finally me, I enjoy riding my Norvin in sunshine, not rain!
cheers!

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Yep, `tis true,the Scapa Flow wrecks have provided uncontaminated steel: as an ex employee of BNFL,(i think I can say this without breaking the Official Secrets Act!). In a plant where radioactive materials were processed, workers like me had to be monitored from time to time to ensure we had not ingested any radioactive material so we routinely went for a chest scan.The room where the scanner was housed was constructed from sections of hull plate cut from HMS Natal, sunk at Scapa, to provide a screened environment so the scanner would not pick up any background readings. I always wondered if the scanner itself would be "contaminated" as it would obviously a modern machine. Bob
I looked up the HMS Natal as I couldn't remember any mention of it at Scapa Flow only the HMS Hampshire, the HMS Natal was sunk in Cromarty not Scapa Flow. I would imagine there would be some infulence from the scanner itself but suspect is would be either negligible
or any reading in excess of a known sample must be the attributable to the scanner itself. The readings can then be adjusted.
Steven

1660bob

VOC Member
I`m sure about HMS Natal,there were historic photographs of it (afloat) on an information board outside the scanner room for you to peruse as you waited, but i must admit, i must have a crossed line there-Cromarty is nowhere near Scapa Flow for sure.Still, it proves the point that old sunken ships provide uncontaminated steel.Makes you think...............Bob.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
I`m sure about HMS Natal,there were historic photographs of it (afloat) on an information board outside the scanner room for you to peruse as you waited, but i must admit, i must have a crossed line there-Cromarty is nowhere near Scapa Flow for sure.Still, it proves the point that old sunken ships provide uncontaminated steel.Makes you think...............Bob.
Bob,
Not challengeing you about whether or not the room was constructed of hull plates from the HMS Natal, just where it sank.
Steven

Big Sid

Non-VOC Member
Was just watching several old Rally tapes and saw close up footage of Rips marvelous , super developed Special he called Big Sid . Absolutely a mind blowing machine , full trick power unit exactly as he has described . Will try to transfer this video tape to a digital format so others can more easily see it . Words fail to do it justice . Sid .

john998

VOC Member
HMS Natal was distroyed by an internal explosion at Cromarty firth in 1915. It was having an open day and several civilians where killed along with crew .My great uncle was killed in a similar event on HMS Bulwark, bad amunition.
I visited the grave yard at Cromarty not long ago on the Rapide. John.

G

Graham Smith

I've dived most of the wrecks of Scapa Flow a number of times, and have never heard of HMS Natal.