Timed Breather

tjcassar

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Can anyone help me re fit the timed breather. This is for a 1948 Meteor. The part that goes over the spindle has snapped whist cleaning it. I re ordered that part only and got it from the VOC. The new part is made of Bronze not cast iron. How should I set it vis a vis the pinion. My pinion has a marked " B" which matches the "B" on the idle gear but I do not know the relationship between the pinion and the valve!!
Tony

clevtrev

VOC Member
Can anyone help me re fit the timed breather. This is for a 1948 Meteor. The part that goes over the spindle has snapped whist cleaning it. I re ordered that part only and got it from the VOC. The new part is made of Bronze not cast iron. How should I set it vis a vis the pinion. My pinion has a marked " B" which matches the "B" on the idle gear but I do not know the relationship between the pinion and the valve!!
Tony
Refer to Richardson, page 120. Awkward to describe without looking at the picture.

Albervin

VOC Member
I am guessing you have had a good look at your Rapide over the last couple of months. Not a lot of difference when it comes to the breather. The breather spindle slot faces the top magneto mounting stud when the "B"s line up. Alternatively you just block it off & fit a "D" type or elephant's trunk.
Trev, page 120 of the new Richardson is a diagram of the wiring harness from the headlight....

clevtrev

VOC Member
I am guessing you have had a good look at your Rapide over the last couple of months. Not a lot of difference when it comes to the breather. The breather spindle slot faces the top magneto mounting stud when the "B"s line up. Alternatively you just block it off & fit a "D" type or elephant's trunk.
Trev, page 120 of the new Richardson is a diagram of the wiring harness from the headlight....
What`s the point of looking at a Rapide. A single is different.
OK, about the page no. tell us what it is. We`re not all up to date.

Albervin

VOC Member
Oh dear, I really messed up there. Page 111 in the 3rd edition. Breather spindle slot points down when the "B"s are passing each other rather than meshing.