Time clock

Stanley Chappell

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
How do I get in touch with John Chadwick at Mjc thanks for all your help by the way several clocks for sale on eBay yummy Stan

billirwinnz

VOC Member
Great help I have speedo case but where can I get quartz unit hands and most difficult the right face many thanks keep info coming that way none of us will buy and pay a lot money to dodgy dealers
I drew up hands and had some laser cut out of 0.6mm alloy sheet. I also had some vinyl stickers printed. I have a set left and am happy to send them to you gratis. Send me your name and address and I’ll post them.

billirwinnz

VOC Member
I also used the UTS movement. I ride my bike a lot on rough rural roads and found that I needed a mount that would absorb shocks better. I ended up using 1” closed cell foam cut to hold the movement and push into the case with a snug fit. To change the battery or time I just remove the bezel and glass holder and push up through the bottom of the housing. This setup has now survived in the real world for 5000 often bumpy miles.

A_HRD

VOC Member
How do I get in touch with John Chadwick at Mjc thanks for all your help by the way several clocks for sale on eBay yummy Stan
Stan,
I've done a search and it appears that John Chadwick of MJC is no longer trading.
But I'd love to be proved wrong...
Peter B
Bristol, UK.

A_HRD

VOC Member
Getting the correct clock face can be a difficult and expensive trial. In the end, I gave up trying to find someone who had a perfect replica for the original speedo face on my early 1936 TTComet and settled for the one shown here. Spot the differences?

Don't get excited about the banana Marcus - it just happened to be the nearest suitable object to support the parts to take the photo!

Peter B

P1080629.jpg

P1080633.jpg

A_HRD

VOC Member
Yes Peter H, an interesting change of emphasis regarding country of manufacture - also the different Patent details.

And yes Marcus, I used the original case having no hole for a light. Mine's a 1935/6 TTC. Later models may have had the light hole too... who knows for sure?

Peter B