Time clock

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
A nice looking clock sold on eBay for 260 yesterday was it the real McCoy? I think I will have a go at making one as Simons recommendation thanks stan
Stan, if your referring to this then it's a car clock

If you look at the case it deeper and different construction to a chronometric motorcycle speedo and clock version. Also the car version has a crimped on bezel and so the internals are got to by removing the back from the body. The face is wrong and should be Roman numerals. Somebody has just been conned.

Nulli Secundus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I think I will have a go at making one as Simons recommendation thanks stan

If you need a bezel, glass or seal, you might find this website useful. There will of course be other suppliers out there.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
No, but the matching size speedometer was illuminated with one bulb and has a thread to accept a bulb holder, if you want to make a fake battery type clock it would be good to source a case without the bulb holder hole.

Michael Vane-Hunt

VOC Member
I got these in 2017 from John Chadwick of mjc_products. They are good reproduction cases but with no holes in back. I replaced the mounting bolts with longer 1/4 inch studs. I have no idea if they are still available, but mjc did sell other Chronometric parts on eBay.

Attachments

• 20200605_045556.jpg
    20200605_045556.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 20200605_045604.jpg
    20200605_045604.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 28

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Peter my handsome, is this what you want, a little pockmarked with rusted pits but has been blasted and sprayed several years ago.
Collect when down again.

IMG_2251.jpeg

IMG_2252.jpeg

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
PS I have plenty of bezels, glasses & sealing strip tubing from Andrew Rackstraw NZ he would be glad I'm moving them on.