Tidy bars

Stanley Chappell

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Can any one supply a picture of tidy bar levers ,also I need help to find a supplier of one inch solid clutch levers all help great fully received

pkrich

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi all
Are tidy bars the same as Amal clean bars, if so I have just made a batch of the lower levers, and the upper levers are at the foundry for casting.as fitted to late Matchless silver hawk
I could not find any, and Jiri in the Czech Republic had nothing I could see similar

Attachments

• IMG_0700.jpeg
    IMG_0700.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 56

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Read the description in the link I posted above. “Clean” bars have the cables hidden inside the bar. “Tidy“ bars have multiple levers on a single clamp.

pkrich

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The bars in the photos I’ve attached are listed as Amal clean bars in the Matchless parts book. Throttle is internal cable, advance can also be internal on the left, two levers on each pivot upper and lower lever.
brake, clutch advance and choke Dip and horn switch wires internal

Attachments

• IMG_8694.jpg
    IMG_8694.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8695.jpg
    IMG_8695.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8696.jpg
    IMG_8696.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 43
  • Hawk tank lining.jpg
    Hawk tank lining.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 42

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
True, tidy and clean can be combined. The clean bars I've seen don't really have separate clamps, the lever mount is typically integrated with the bar. Tidy levers are completely separate from the bar and have the clamp.

Last edited: