Misc: Everything Else Throw or keep?

danno

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi
I have a box of old Rapide C top end parts, left over from a rebuild. Pistons might be original and have also got two old barrel liners (bit rusty and not in pic).
I inherited the bike (1952 Series C) and not sure if these would be worth keeping.
The choke lever is a single one but the one on the bike is double.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• 13D03E76-B170-4886-8A51-93A522AB06E4.jpeg
    13D03E76-B170-4886-8A51-93A522AB06E4.jpeg
    356 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

danno

Non-VOC Member
Thanks for the reply.
Barrel liners here. Don’t think they’ll be any use.

Attachments

• 69525577-CA20-4537-9BEB-6DC8B7F91D79.jpeg
    69525577-CA20-4537-9BEB-6DC8B7F91D79.jpeg
    232.5 KB · Views: 12

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
Bin them...if you ever need a pair they are readily available at a decent price and at better spec than the originals..

vibrac

VOC Member
I know one thing as certain as the dawn
If I throw something away the next day.....
Just last winter I was scrabbling in a dustbin to find two rusty thrown away Triumph pillion footrests I suddenly realised I could make into folding foot rests for my Comet. Also utilizing a spare LH Comet footrest hanger on the right (another item I did not throw away)
Blimey I even made an old helmet into a hanging basket

Gary Gittleson

VOC Member
Yep. I have found countless uses for old horseshoes. None so far directly for the Vincent but one of them is welded in a horizontal orientation on the end of a bar which is then mounted to a wall, the shoe some 6 inches out from said wall. It's a perfect helmet hanger.

I don't shoe my horses anymore but still have loads of old ones. And some new ones which will never find their original use. Shoeing every five or six weeks creates quite a pile.