Thread: Some Vincent and LSR content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Can't answer the first part of your question but for the second part; non-Vincent content, personal comments not in the spirit of this forum. David "writes as he speaks" and we should be grateful he makes the effort he does. I too struggle sometimes with items posted not just from him but also from some of our non English speaking members. With an open mind and a bit of time all becomes clear. As David said, when you are 80 (and have graduated from the school of hard knocks) you have certain "rights" and in his case that means he doesn't have to punctuate to the same level as a high school English teacher. Having said that I find his pieces easier to read than some of the gibberish sent by 20 somethings on their phone.

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
Can't answer the first part of your question but for the second part; non-Vincent content, personal comments not in the spirit of this forum. David "writes as he speaks" and we should be grateful he makes the effort he does. I too struggle sometimes with items posted not just from him but also from some of our non English speaking members. With an open mind and a bit of time all becomes clear. As David said, when you are 80 (and have graduated from the school of hard knocks) you have certain "rights" and in his case that means he doesn't have to punctuate to the same level as a high school English teacher. Having said that I find his pieces easier to read than some of the gibberish sent by 20 somethings on their phone.
Both Myself and Carl made very simple, nicely worded REQUESTS to Mr Bowen for a little punctuation and received in response (behind the scenes) a thinly veiled threat. I know Mr Bowen is 80, I am 57, yes he graduated from the school of hard Knocks - me too!! SO WHAT? It doesn't give me the right to be arrogant or ignorant or to be a protected species against which the simplest response brings instant damnation from the likes of a Moderator like Mr Nulli Secundus.We are All Full Fee Paying Members here and deserve the right to post and the right of response. Pretty disappointed with you guys!! If Mr Bowen wishes to berate me ....go for it, but how about the likes of Moderator Secundus mind their own business and just let us get on with the Forum?

Last edited:

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
Can't answer the first part of your question but for the second part; non-Vincent content, personal comments not in the spirit of this forum.
As a Moderator Alyn, can you please explain to me which part of my post fits the above, because I am confused?

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Am I the only one who's a bit confused over this antagonism over nothing? So what if David doesn't punctuate to journalistic standards, His memories and photos are a treasure! Quin et osculare amicis?
Cheers, John

Last edited:

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
Am I the only one who's a bit confused over this antagonism over nothing? So what if David doesn't punctuate to journalistic standards, His memories and photos are a treasure! Quin et osculare amicis?
Cheers, John
Mate there is no antagonism, I have spoken privately to David on the phone a number of times....I simply find it difficult to read some of his very interesting Posts and ASKED if he would mind using a little punctuation???? why is this becoming an issue???? I am not asking for Journalistic Standards.....did I say that somewhere??? this is becoming very childish I think Cheers Kevin

Chrish

Non-VOC Member
Problem solved I will not post again at least I know now I have two happy members, (David Bowen on another thread)

Please do continue to post David, I for one enjoy your snippets of information and your memories of times past.

Chris
;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.