Thought i best introduce myself.

Jake_R

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi, not sure if this is the place for the introductions but hey ho.

I'm 18 from oop norf, My dad was a big British bike fan and had a lot of classics, including 3 Vincents, one Black Lightning Special, one Series C Rapide, and a Series D in bits.

I inherited the Series C Rapide when my dad passsed away in 2004, my brother inherited the Black Lightning special (Pictures below)

I also have what looks to be a Vincent outboard boat engine, if anyone knows anything about these? Thanks. Jake.

Dansvinnie.jpg

DSC01789.jpg

DSC01787.jpg

DSC01788.jpg

Tnecniv Edipar

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Very sorry to hear about your Dad , but he has left you both with enviable lagacy's !! Just 18 and the owner of a legend !! Good to have you here guys. Also , that is indeed an Amanda water scooter engine , look up the story of those on the web , Vincent predicted the Jet Ski market !!

Comet

VOC Member
Jake,
welcome to the forum. You don't tell us if you are a british bike fan or if you ride bikes. It doesn't matter, but well done on introducing yourself, more of us should do the same.
I am 36 (I think) from down south and enjoying every mile on my bike I have sold all Japp things and this funds my Brit bike. We built it from other peoples carp and it is fantastic.
cheers
Comet

rapcom

VOC Member
Stealing from ponds ?

We built it from other peoples carp.......

Sounds like a fishy story to me

Jake_R

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah i'm a big british bike fan, and just a big bike fan over all, been riding since i was 3 with bikes being in the family (sisters, brother and mum all ride bikes)

I've got a CBR600 stunt bike that i ride on the road, it's a bit different to the Rapide to say the least.

champion

VOC Member
hey jake, good to see you with us, im no longer the youngest person on the forums (19) I have got a comet which I am riding as well as my suzuki gs bike which i passed on.

I am a first year studying automotive engineering at Brookes uni (about 7 miles south of Oxford.) would love to hear a bit more about you!

Do you have MSN? in which case i think we should waste the rest of the day talking bikes!

dy_211@hotmail.com

Alex Champion

Alan J

VOC Member
Legacy

Pleased to hear from one so young and interested in our heritage!! [the average age of our club is over 60!!] Let's get this down to about 40!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: