• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Thought for the day

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Yes indeed the oxy-acetylene wrench is a most useful tool. It is often the first wrench I reach for when dealing with rusty car exhaust systems followed closely by the die grinder with cut off wheel.
Steven

clevtrev

VOC Member
Three men died on Christmas Eve and were met by Saint Peter at the pearly

gates.

"In honor of this holy season," Saint Peter said, "You must each possess

something that symbolizes Christmas to get into heaven."

The first man fumbled through his pockets and pulled out a lighter. He

flicked it on. "It represents a candle", he said.

"Very well, you may pass through the pearly gates," Saint Peter said.

The second man reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of keys. He

shook them and said, "They're bells."

Saint Peter said, "You may also pass through the pearly gates."

The third man started searching desperately through his pockets and finally

pulled out a pair of women's panties.

St. Peter looked at the man with a raised eyebrow and asked, "And just what

do those symbolize?"

The man replied, "These are Carol's."

clevtrev

VOC Member
A man was riding a bus, minding his own business, when the gorgeous woman next to him started to breast-feed her baby.
The baby wouldn't take it, so she said, come on sweetie, eat it all up or I'll have to give it to this nice man next to us."
Five minutes later, the baby was still not feeding, so she said, come on, honey. Take it or I'll give it to this nice man here."
A few minutes later, with the baby still not feeding and the woman repeating her threat once more, the anxious man suddenly blurts out, Come on kid. Make up your mind ,I was supposed to get off four stops ago.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Evidently Martin you work in the auto industry. Years ago I was required to take a project management course and it was full of those buzz words. Every time a project manager opens their mouth that kind of non-sense spills forth.
What became obvious to me during the course was it was a pyramid/ponzi scheme. It was a course put out by a group called Project Management Professionals Inc.. It wasn't endorsed by any organization of higher learning, college, university, etc.. The course material wasn't expensive, but it cost $1200 per to take the final test. To maintain your Project Manager Professional status, you needed to teach the course at least twice a year. You also needed a certain number of students take the test and pass. Else you had to re-certify at $1200.00. I sat through the course, a co-worker was teaching it. My manager said they would reimburse anyone who took and passed the test. I don't think there were any takers.
Steven

vibrac

VOC Member
Evidently Martin you work in the auto industry. Years ago I was required to take a project management course and it was full of those buzz words. Every time a project manager opens their mouth that kind of non-sense spills forth.
What became obvious to me during the course was it was a pyramid/ponzi scheme. It was a course put out by a group called Project Management Professionals Inc.. It wasn't endorsed by any organization of higher learning, college, university, etc.. The course material wasn't expensive, but it cost $1200 per to take the final test. To maintain your Project Manager Professional status, you needed to teach the course at least twice a year. You also needed a certain number of students take the test and pass. Else you had to re-certify at $1200.00. I sat through the course, a co-worker was teaching it. My manager said they would reimburse anyone who took and passed the test. I don't think there were any takers.
Steven
Pyamid selling with clothes on!