This Forum is too Frustrating For Me

riptragle1953

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Down below is a post: "Rip's New Toy" The poster wants to know about that mighty Egli motorcycle and what became of it.
Well, I try to answer and I am told that I do not have sufficient privilege to do so!!!???
When I try to join the club over the computer..... I fill out all the forms (again) and when I am taken to the place to pay
it says I can't.
Hey, all I wanna do is share some good old pictures instead of thumbnails) with yooze guys and maybe a little info.... but you
won't let me.
So I throw up my hands and not log in at all......
then I get eMails telling me I haven't posted-let us hear from you.
Well, you just heard from me...... but I don't like things that don't work and drive me crazy... so you won't be hearing from me.

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
I happen to be 100% disabled and walking is painful, ok? So, what is simple for you is not so simple on my end.
Asking a website to work properly is not exactly an out-of-line request.
This is the 21st century and all the other websites I use work.

G

Graham Smith

Down below is a post: "Rip's New Toy" The poster wants to know about that mighty Egli motorcycle and what became of it.
Well, I try to answer and I am told that I do not have sufficient privilege to do so!!!???
When I try to join the club over the computer..... I fill out all the forms (again) and when I am taken to the place to pay
it says I can't.
Hey, all I wanna do is share some good old pictures instead of thumbnails) with yooze guys and maybe a little info.... but you
won't let me.
So I throw up my hands and not log in at all......
then I get eMails telling me I haven't posted-let us hear from you.
Well, you just heard from me...... but I don't like things that don't work and drive me crazy... so you won't be hearing from me.

It's quite simple riptragle1953, you're not showing as a full VOC Member, so you only get to do certain things on this forum - other things are reserved for Club Members who pay their annual fees.

If you ARE a Member of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, and you'd like your access privileges upgraded so you can get to the 'Members Only' area, please follow these simple steps...

1. Visit www.vincentownersclub.co.uk

2. At the top of the screen towards the far right, click on ‘Settings.’

3. In the boxes on the left of the screen you will find ‘My Settings’ / ‘My Account’ / ‘Permission Groups’. Click on ‘Permission Groups’.

4. There will be just one additional group for you to join - click on the first ‘Join Group’ button and then second ‘Join Group’ button to take you to the next page.

5. Next you need to input your NEW membership number, name, address and postcode as held by the Club in the following format ‘12345AB — Mr J Bloggs — 123 High Street, Anytown, Anyshire AB12 3CD’. If you don’t have access to this information, check the envelope that your last copy of MPH came in.

6. When you have input the correct information into the relevant box, click on the ‘Send Request’ button.

7. Once you submit this form, your request to give you full access to this forum will be placed in a queue. Unfortunately this request has to be carried out manually by Club Volunteers and may take some time — please be patient!

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Rip was having trouble with the Club website and I believe is trying to join using a paper form, so he will get that step done and be able to proceed with obtaining the coveted full member status here on the Forum.

Howard

VOC Member
It's quite simple riptragle1953, you're not showing as a full VOC Member, so you only get to do certain things on this forum - other things are reserved for Club Members who pay their annual fees.

If you ARE a Member of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, and you'd like your access privileges upgraded so you can get to the 'Members Only' area, please follow these simple steps...

Graham, Why not make Rip a Temporary Honary Member until he sorts out how to join, he seems to have a lot of Vincent credentials and stories.

H

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
Rip has managed 80 posts to date. So it can't be so much of a problem? I have to wonder whether the "new toy" post has called his bluff. I hope to be proved wrong on this one though!

Big Sid

Non-VOC Member
It's big Sid . My question is this , will I be able to post photos , here via Tapitalk ? Please someone clarify for me . Thanks , Sid .