they wont be happy till....

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
If 40 mph is safer, 5 mph would be safer yet!

At least you won't be wearing out top gear.:eek:

Black Flash

VOC Member
welcome to the nannie state.

But believe me, we are not better off on the continent. Especially as we get more and more ruled from Brussels which is nothing more than burying democracy.
At least all the German "politicians " in Brussels have never been elected but sent there from their own political parties because they were the perfect match for the job. In reality they were corrupt, pedophilliac, worn out, incompetent or all together and sending them to Brussels meant to get rid of those bastards without loosing face. so you wonder why we are governed by idiots?
And the best thing, they are not even elected and you cannot vote against them.
Sorry I was digressing...

Bernd

vibrac

VOC Member
You certainly have to question the possible savings and the unavailability of real data into the cause of road accidents
If you are a copper and you have to report the cause of an accident and you are as pushed as they are .Think of the available possible reasons that may be the cause, think of the work associated with each and what is easiest to put down? after all who is to argue? no normal member of the public is reliable when judging speed, you cant measure skid marks anymore with ABS and wet roads have to be measured by heat guns and quickly ,and the data on body work crumpling and speed is 10 years old and comes from the US. NO put down speed thats the easy option.
Its like the edict that plumbers could not wire an electric plug anymore. all that legislation, control,disruption and expense when the year before only 11 people out of 60 million died of domestic electrocution. Our legislators (no rewrite that the EU bureaucracy) have never heard of diminishing returns have they

Howard

VOC Member
What I don't understand is, we never speak to anyone who agrees with these rules. Where are these people who think them up? They're never around to defend the decisions.

My son, a fit 30 year old rugby player, was recently rollicked by the H&S man at work, for not holding the handrail when walking up the office stairs. Where will it end?

H

Black Flash

VOC Member
I think all I would need is a four foot by 7/8" diameter, well watered hazelnut stick to cane those idiots. I am sure they would rethink their decision.
During a show in Birmingham a friend of mine got fined (80 GBP) while decoration his booth with fashion jewellery for not wearing a high viz jacket and steel toed shoes.
we are talking about an indoor exhibition. ... where is the next hazelnut tree ?

bmetcalf

VOC Member
One of the US enthusiast car magazines studied the speed causes accidents statistics a few years ago. With our system, each state reports its own statistics with different criteria. Thus, too low speed checked off on the form by the officer at the scene was grouped with too high speed for the report summary. Ditto for too high speed while being blind drunk.

vibrac

VOC Member
The root cause of all these restrictions (and it is most easily demonstrated in Road Law) is that its a Communist way of looking at things
everyone abides by the rules dictated by the abilities of the least able interest drops and skill disappears no one is allowed common sense just because some don't have it
If an element of personal pride ,training and achievement and was injected into the mix then we would see a great difference
For driving a set of graduated driving (riding) tests each with its own plate allowing you to drive in graduated increments over the limit (within reason) would suffice
after all isn't that what allows policemen to drive with impunity?
Of course an accident would reduce your rating.....

Howard

VOC Member
........... and we could ban anyone with a less than 60 plate at weekends and evenings, and make all country roads one way.

H

vibrac

VOC Member
"60 plate" I like that.
Titter ye not on the country roads bit
At the end of September that is exactly what they are doing at the Kop hill climb
http://www.kophillclimb.info/
I shall be blasting up I hope a few Vincents will be there as I have mentioned it in the Racing Section
This sort of event could be part of the future
Remember I belive it was this hill that had the accident that banned racing from English roads