THERMOCOUPLE

Kansas Bad Man

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I have written this twice now, this is the third time, when I went to post the thread had been blocked. Any way magnetoman I have 8 thermocouples on my streamliner. They sent me one to many , I ask if they wanted it back they said no, You are the only one that could possibly use it that I know of you mentioned it on the oil thread, that you were going to use a thermocouple on a project of yours. The thermocouple is yours for the asking .

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Magnetoman

VOC Member
The thermocouple is yours for the asking .
Thank you very much for this kind offer. I would be happy to accept if I weren't well set with more thermocouple wire than I'll ever use.

Since my data logger has more than one input I've already been thinking of what else I should instrument to correlate with engine oil temperature.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
Wouldn't a heat gun from Harbor Freight and a slave line to your data logger work?

We had a thermocouple to a pyrometer then to a data logger in the Navy to read exhaust gas temperature on the 4 --- 12- 278 A
G.M. diesel engines.
On the liner I read exhaust gas temperatures (EGT) and cylinder head temperatures (CHT) .

Cheers

Magnetoman

VOC Member
Wouldn't a heat gun from Harbor Freight and a slave line to your data logger work?
I'm not sure what you have in mind with this suggestion. What would I use a heat gun for?

It would be easy to get carried away when doing something like this, so despite how interesting it would be to measure more parameters, I might just stick to logging the oil temperature.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
FYI: Irene enjoying the sound (and heat) of a 12-278A. Thermocouples are the things with the flexible (BX) conduit going to them. These are 2cycle, supercharged, V12's with about 1500hp at 800 rpm.
039.JPG

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
Huh? what did you say, can't hear so good Magnetman, total loss of hearing in left ear, 30% loss in right ear. The hum of 12- 278's for 8 years
took its toll.

Cheers