Then and now Formula One Pit Stop

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I had to watch the Melbourne 2013 portion twice because I didn't think anybody but the guys with the jacks moved. :confused: I thought at first it was going to be some kind of funny where the tires actually didn't get changed or something. Damn that was quick, I'm more like the 1950 pit crew when it comes to changing tires and I have center lock knock offs on my MG.
That's a good post
Thanks
Steven

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
In 1906 Napier were the first to have Rudge centre lock wheels. Their g p competitors claimed it wes an unfair advantage. Napier did the honourable thing and withdrew their entry. Guess what- 1907 all the competitors had centre lock wheels.

vibrac

VOC Member
And due to the costs of circuit hire in the UK you have to go to the continent to find classic motorcycle endurance races nowadays or is there something on two wheels (even modern stuff:( ) in the UK that has a pit stop?

vibrac

VOC Member
Moto gp when it rains when the race has been declared "dry".
I know Roy call that racing, its a joke. Dear old Ernie Lyons (who died a week or so ago in his late 90's)winning the 1946 manx GP in torrential rain would be laughing his head off.
A sad day when tyre development in all weathers was sacrificed to the whims of machine manufacturers

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
Vibrac, sad to hear of Ernie Lyons. But i think it's more like the tyre guys making rubbish that the teams have to put up with.