The VOC Spares Co - Coronavirus info - April 2020

The VOC Spares Company Limited

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The VOC Spares Co - Coronavirus info - July 2020

As things around the world seem to be slowly returning to a sort of normal the VOC Spares Co is doing likewise. We have remained open for business throughout online and via email and phone, we are now reopening the shop counter with limitations.
We are back to our normal fulltime working patterns, we have put in measures for the safety of our staff so only one visitor is allowed in the shop at any one time, 2 metre distancing is required.
We would like to thank Bob, Michelle and Jacqui for enabling us to continue to operate in these uncertain times.
  • Order parts via the web shop if possible
  • If not, order by email, orders@vincentspares.co.uk with part numbers
  • Try to avoid phone orders unless for small quantities of parts say a maximum of 5 items and always give the parts numbers
  • Please try not to visit the Spares Co in person unless necessary and always call beforehand with your order so time at the shop can be kept to a minimum
  • Customers in USA and Canada we have made deliveries to our partner Coventry Spares over the last few weeks so try them first
  • Overseas customers please be aware that due to the lack of airfreight capacity shipments to you may be delayed.
Please be patient,

VOC Spares Website
VOC Spares Shop
Facebook vincentspares
VOC Forum

Last edited:

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Latest update on spares supply on front page www.vincentspares.co.uk
keep safe.
Thanks for the update, I'm hoping to email my order soon.

P.S. Is it me being picky but does anyone else find the navigation bar on the Spares Co Home page annoying? It is in fixed mode and appears almost halfway down the page where I would normally be reading. I think Tim told me at the last GCM he sorted the new page. Is it as simple as moving the "fixed" code line? Maybe me being picky. ;)

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Thanks for the update, I'm hoping to email my order soon.

P.S. Is it me being picky but does anyone else find the navigation bar on the Spares Co Home page annoying? It is in fixed mode and appears almost halfway down the page where I would normally be reading. I think Tim told me at the last GCM he sorted the new page. Is it as simple as moving the "fixed" code line? Maybe me being picky. ;)
Ed, it's not just you as I find that floating navigation bar extremely annoying as well and changed my saved bookmark to go direct to the login page and so avoid the website front page. When using an iPad and you try and scroll the screen up or down the nav bar gets in the way.

vibrac

VOC Member
Ed, it's not just you as I find that floating navigation bar extremely annoying as well and changed my saved bookmark to go direct to the login page and so avoid the website front page. When using an iPad and you try and scroll the screen up or down the nav bar gets in the way.
It looks fine on my Amstrad!
seriously there are so many devices nowadays its hard to find a compromise my software allows me to see a page in PC , tablet and mobile modes but clever as it is it cant cover all
I will have a play with a side bar when the next rainy day comes its easy enough with the software I expect that will upset a few more if I install it, I will admit to being a bit biased against I pads and Apple but then I was against Kawasaki till I had one in Keffalonia last year :D

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Yup, I can remember those days, when we were all riding around on our wonderful British bikes, pissing oil out of every available joint and seal surface, breaking down regularly, refusing to start, terrible 6 volts lighting, and describing the new Honda CB77 as Jap Crap!

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
It looks fine on my Amstrad!
seriously there are so many devices nowadays its hard to find a compromise my software allows me to see a page in PC , tablet and mobile modes but clever as it is it cant cover all
I will have a play with a side bar when the next rainy day comes its easy enough with the software I expect that will upset a few more if I install it, I will admit to being a bit biased against I pads and Apple but then I was against Kawasaki till I had one in Keffalonia last year :D
Dear Tim,
I did try it on Firefox, Google Chrome and MS Edge and I get the same problem on all of them. Not trying to find you another job, maybe when you fancy a few minutes away from the workshop for light refreshments. I think my first proper PC was an Amstrad 1640 running Windows 3.1. It wasn't great compared with what is available now but good at the time, probably early 80's.

vibrac

VOC Member
My first was in 70's on a DEC PDP8 and (my favorite) a Data General Nova4 I still have a removable 5Mb disc drive 18" across and 3" deep ran on a disc drive the size of a washing machine.
I programed a system to run stock control, accounts (3 ledgers) product file and multi level parts list, Bill of Materials processing, order entry,record locking and a local email system with 16 concurrent users all with a computer memory of 128K no wonder they call Microsoft Bloatware.