The Scandinavian Vincent Rally 2012

Jorgen Rutegard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Definitive dates are now established, 15-17 June 2012. The rally will take place at he camping site "Gullviks Havsbad", close to Örnsköldsvik by the Baltic Sea 550 km north of Stockholm, in the High Coast area. The camping area has cabins of good standard, a restaurant and a long beach with a magnificient view over the sea and the islands. More information later and in the MPH in due time. Look at www.gullvikshavsbad.se and www.hogakusten.com :)

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
What advice can anyone give on the route?

1600 miles from South Wales.

How expensive is Sweden? Can you travel on a small budget?

Jorgen Rutegard

VOC Member

There are ferries to Esbjerg in Denmark, but as far as I know, also possibilities to go by boat directly to Gothenburg in
Sweden. The main roads, E4, E20, in Sweden are often motorways and a bit boring. However, the E4 has beautiful sceneries from Jonkoping along the lake Vattern. The last piece from Sundsvall up to the rally site in Ornskoldsvik is also quite agreeable. An advice could be to choose minor roads north of Orebro.

Sweden is not so expensive nowadays. Youth hostels (vandrarhem) are recommended. In summer, central hotels often have reduced prices. There are lots of camping sites.

Alan J

VOC Member
Tracey-the ferry to Esbjerg is an horrendous price!! but the ferries between the Nordic countries are quite reasonable. Alan J.

Jorgen Rutegard

VOC Member
Calle Sjoblom, not unknown Vincent-man from Gothenburg, contacted me. He is planning to organise a pre-rally trip from Gothenburgnorthbound through Norway, via Geiranger, Trollstigen, Atlanterhavsveien, Trondheim, Åre to Örnsköldsvik. Prerequisites: member of VOC or other Vincent club, experience in group touring, readiness to ride up to 550 km some days. Evereybody pays all expenses for himself, that is minimal administration.

vince998

VOC Member

As long as you don´t wish to do anything luxurious (like eat out or consume alcohol) the prices are compareable with the U.K
Take lots of dairy milk slabs with you, you can use it as currency :)

Alan J

VOC Member
Having trouble finding ferry/cruise to Stavanger or Gothenburg. Can anyone help?
I,m pretty sure the ferry to Stavanger from Newcastle is finished!!-to get to Gothenburg you will have to go first to Esbjerg , drive north and take the ferry across to Sweden. Not what you want to hear, I know!!