The Scandinavian Vincent Rally 2012

Tracey Tilley

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Jorgen,
I have found it. Immingham to Gothenburg. So now to look at the route to Ornskoldsvik. I will follow your advice as above. Jonkoping and lake Vattern.

Tracey.

Calle

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have plans to lead a bike tour to the annual rally place in Örnsköldsvik. The journey starts in Gothenburg (very preliminary) on Saturday, 7 June, and continues to Oslo and Vang (Mjösa, old Trollrallyplace) for first overnight stay. Then goes on to Geiranger two overnights. Örnveien, Trollstigen, Atlanterhavsveien, Trondheim, Storlien, Silverforsen, Åre, Östersund and finally to the meeting place in Örnskoldsvik. Interested participants can contact Calle for further information. Plan for six overnights. Approximately 1700 km. This trip goes through a varied and very beautiful landscape with high mountains and deep valleys, with beautiful summer meadows one moment, serpentine roads up to snow areas half an hour later. Look at the tour 2008 http://www.vincenthrd.se/2008.php?lang=2 If we are lucky with the weather, this will become an almost unforgettable journey. Definitive planning is done during next spring and is due to participants' wishes. The only requirement to participate is membership in the SVC or the VOC and travel habits and knowledge of the discipline that group riding requires. No charge, everyone pays for their own expenses. This trip is provided outside the SVC management. Contact calle_sjoblom@hotmail.com Limited number of participants, Vincent or classic bike drivers have priority.

Calle

petrol

New Forum User
VOC Member
There is a direct ferry option

May I contibute with the information that there is a direct ferry connection between England and Scandinavia, namely the freight liner between Immingham UK and the port of Brevik, a small town at the mouth of the Oslofjorden, which serves as the harbour of the large idustrial area of southern Telemark. This cargo line takes on a limited number of vehicles and passengers and serves them well, see the webpage of http://freight.dfdsseaways.com/dfds_ferries/north_sea_ferries/brevik_immingham_ferries/ .

Bexcause there are limited places and sailings available it is advised to request and book early ..

From Brevik there is about 140 kilometres to Oslo or there are other possibilities of transport/roads to choose depending on if one want to intercept the Fjord tour with Rutegård or go directly to the Scandinavian rally site.
regards
Per Erik and
F10 AB/1/17