the other racing

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Nobody (unless I missed it) has mentioned a Vincent in the Classic Manx this year. I have heard roumours but nothing firm Bearing in mind that the IOM Steam Racket Company is getting well booked by now does anyone have any scuttlebuck?
If the entrant comes from France (which they may) this forum seems to lack and participants from 'over there' (I dont blame them sometimes:rolleyes:) which may explain the lack of information.

Prince Duster

VOC Member
Hi all.
Patrick Godet is indeed planning on being there, with TWO of his new 500s.
It's scored some very good results so far in France, details of which are at the end of my piece, linked below.
I went to see it go through its paces at Brands a few weeks back.
Words and pics here: http://egli-vincent.net/2014/03/29/...-on-the-bike-in-this-years-classic-tt-senior/
I'm really looking forward to seeing it run in anger at Brands, July 6, and then at the Classic TT.
David Lancaster

vibrac

VOC Member
Now that needs some rescheduling and thinking time will that be the "Bennetts 500cc Classic TT Race on Saturday 23rd August?"

vibrac

VOC Member
pic31.jpg
Don't those exhausts look Rubbish !!, Cheers Bill.
If you want to get below 105db thats where have to go-the pain of a crowded island full of people brainwashed into hating motorcycles

Prince Duster

VOC Member
Vibrac: not done it for a couple of years, but I have flown from City airport to the Island a few times. If the timings work, I am sure it can be done for a day.
DL

vibrac

VOC Member
Very strange! am I the only one interested in a Vincent Racing in the Isle of Man this year?
Time was when acres of print would have arisen on the subject
here is the latest news ( if anyone on the forum is interested)
Egli Vincent Motorcycles

From our correspondent Mars Webster at the IOM
The Godet team's second practice ended early on the first lap when Alex Sinclair's #43 Egli-Vincent hit oil and went down at Ballaugh Bridge. Alex suffered a fractured left thumb (not the accelerator side) and is in good spirit. He will undergo an examination on Friday to determine if he can ride a Honda in the 350 class.
The Egli suffered light damage, however it is unlikely that Alex's bike will return to race.
We are watching Bruno with great expectations.