The Norvin Centre

chromedome

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Geoff Stokes here from The Norvin Centre Ltd. I thought I had better get on here and try to explain the problems we have been having that have lead to delays in fulfilling orders. I am relatively new to the company although I have known John for around 25 years. John asked me to help as the orders were coming in faster than he could get the parts made! He has done more than most by way of producing the highest quality major engine and frame components and being involved in bikes for the best part of 50 years, this is borne out by the amount of trade suppliers who use them. To this day he still puts a lot of money back into R&D to develop a wider range of products, his drive and enthusiasm is more than most people one third of his age.
We had problems with parts of our production network where we were being promised parts that never arrived or they weren't what we ordered when they did arrive. We had to change some some production companies - a very slow process. This meant that we had orders coming in for non stock parts that had to be made and for various reasons didn't arrive when they should have. We have now got it sorted and over the next few weeks we will be building our stock up so that we can supply 'off the shelf'.
I am in the process of selling my car repair garage/MOT station that has been really stressfull and time consuming so I apologise to anyone who has not been able to contact me personally. When the sale is complete at the end of this month I will have much more time to concentrate on The Norvin Centre, help take some of the pressure away from John and offer a top quality service to match our top quality parts.

neav48

New Forum User
VOC Member
Silence is worse!

I have some stressed friends waiting on parts from John Wyatt also but he hasn't been answering phone calls or replying to emails for a couple of months, a bit of common courtesy would apease most customers.

Chrish

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
All well and good for the future Geoff, but the cases just sent to us in Australia were poorly packed and subsequently damaged, requiring repairs. Also they are minus all the covers which are paid for. As pointed out by Neil, answering emails and a phone would be of help to your customers. I will be phoning again to see if I can discuss this with you, emails seem pointless.

Chris

MartinRestorer

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Geoff be carefull

He knows his way around a pound note more that a Vincent part.
Geoff Stokes here from The Norvin Centre Ltd. I thought I had better get on here and try to explain the problems we have been having that have lead to delays in fulfilling orders. I am relatively new to the company although I have known John for around 25 years. John asked me to help as the orders were coming in faster than he could get the parts made! He has done more than most by way of producing the highest quality major engine and frame components and being involved in bikes for the best part of 50 years, this is borne out by the amount of trade suppliers who use them. To this day he still puts a lot of money back into R&D to develop a wider range of products, his drive and enthusiasm is more than most people one third of his age.
We had problems with parts of our production network where we were being promised parts that never arrived or they weren't what we ordered when they did arrive. We had to change some some production companies - a very slow process. This meant that we had orders coming in for non stock parts that had to be made and for various reasons didn't arrive when they should have. We have now got it sorted and over the next few weeks we will be building our stock up so that we can supply 'off the shelf'.
I am in the process of selling my car repair garage/MOT station that has been really stressfull and time consuming so I apologise to anyone who has not been able to contact me personally. When the sale is complete at the end of this month I will have much more time to concentrate on The Norvin Centre, help take some of the pressure away from John and offer a top quality service to match our top quality parts.