The New Vincent Black Shadow

John Smith-Daye

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I just wondered what had happened to the new Shadow - has it found a new owner yet? It would be interesting to know what price was commanded - presumably this information is available to VOC Members as I understand it is a VOC asset? I was not in a position financially to enter the sealed bid process, but am extremely interested to know the outcome, as I'm sure are many others!

Ken Tidswell

VOC Member
New Shadow

Bidders for the new Shadow have failed to come up with the necessary funds.So if you want to organise a raffle feel free. My guess is is it will go for auction. Ken Tidswell

Albervin

VOC Member
I want to know what they did about the tool kit & tyre pump. Are they available or did they buy the parts from enjoyinvest?

G

Graham Smith

Alyn

As far as I know, the majority of items (including the pump) are available from the VOC Spares company. I don't think the grease gun is available though.

One thing I can guarantee though, is that they DIDN'T buy anything from 'enjoyinvest' who advertises on eBay!

The whole point of the 'new' Black Shadow Project was that all of the parts used had to be new and available.

petermb998

Non-VOC Member
If there is no tool kit or pump with the Shadow then there is one of each on e-bay from you know who. Item no.170165930441 for the pump and item no 170165929933 for the spanners. Both items have a reserve price on them.

It will be interesting to see what price he will get for these items this time.
£1000.00 for the tool kit??????
Why do people pay such prices for these tool kits from this rip off merchant?

regards Peter

G

Graham Smith

I didn't say there wasn't a toolkit with the 'new' Black Shadow.

As far as I am aware (please correct me if I'm wrong), there IS a toolkit with the 'new' Black Shadow.

All the toolkit items are available from the VOC Spares Company Ltd.

John Smith-Daye

VOC Member
Bidders for the new Shadow have failed to come up with the necessary funds.So if you want to organise a raffle feel free. My guess is is it will go for auction. Ken Tidswell

I find that a little bit distasteful, people taking the mickey by bidding when they can't come up with the dosh. Perhaps naming and shaming would stop them from doing it again? In my opinion, auction would be the fairest way to go about disposing of the machine, and would hopefully command a good price for the VOC.

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Why not let it go to the highest bidder who can execute then....

I'm assuming that the person who offered the highest amount cannot/will not pay for his/her bid.

On that basis, name them and move on to the next highest bidder.

Give them a period of time (48 hours) to demonstrate that they can settle their committment to purchase the bike.

If they cannot - name them and move on to the next highest bidder.

Give them a period of time (48 hours) to demonstrate that they can settle their committment to purchase the bike.

If they cannot.............

Someone will have bid a decent amount and will buy the bike - surely. Eventually they may get down to my bid price and I'll buy it........

Stuart

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
The story as I heard it (approximately, the figures might be +- a bit) was that a high bid of 80,000 GBP was received but the bidder was only imagining he had the money.
The next bid down was something like 50,000 GBP, but that person was also delusional about his bank balance.
That left a bid which did not even meet the reserve price.

In the meantime, enter Glyn Johnson with a big ad in MPH advertising new built to order Black Shadows and now the Club bike, which was promised to be the one and only, is no longer at all unique.

I agree that the people who enetered the false bids should be identified. I have dealt with people like this and it is quite annoying , even financially dangerous if you lose a solid buyer while wasting time with a grandiose dreamer.

This experience does seem to support a survey I read of which shows most people greatly overestimate their own net worth and their income level.
In part, this is how the Subprime mess developed, borrowers were permitted
to simply list their income level without any formal check done by the lenders.

Last edited:

naulahka

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Yes I agree with Monkeypants that Glyn Johnsons efforts to sell new
Vincents has taken the shine/cachet off owning the supposed 'unique' new VOC Shadow'.
However the introduction of new machines into the market will probably ease this obscene hyperinflation of prices and prevent future saleable bikes from being condemned forever to the museum,or worse still the 'private collection.'In the late eighties a similar thing happened with Ferraris ,where any old battered vehicle in Corsa red was selling for obscene amounts,and now despite limited production of certain models are fetching sundry prices.