• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

the "new" Gunga Din

mercurycrest

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
I'll bet it never was that shiny before! I'm relieved to see the current owner kept the Factory installed D cases. He was talking of replacing them with a set of earlier ones because he liked an all black engine better. Nice job, good to see it's all in one piece again.
Cheers, John:)

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
more gunga din

\the bike still looks real good! Not so the m g b , been there seen it ,done it much better , got the concours trophy to prove it.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
More Gunga Din

Cheers Nobby,
Thanks for the photos,
They make super Desktop backgrounds.
I wish I had a workshop like that, Plus the cash !!
You could build some fine bikes !.

rapcom

VOC Member
Rear Stand latch

I suspect it latches onto the piece of inner tube on the rear mudguard stay....a time-honoured method of temporary fixing.

plasticbeer

VOC Member
I'll bet it never was that shiny before! I'm relieved to see the current owner kept the Factory installed D cases. He was talking of replacing them with a set of earlier ones because he liked an all black engine better. Nice job, good to see it's all in one piece again.
Cheers, John:)

Could someone please tell us where it’s documented that the ‘D’ cases were installed by the factory?

Somer

VOC Member
This is the picture sent out by Harpers in the early 60's when they wanted to dispose of it.It was found by aclub member under a bunch of bags, leaning against the wall.
507511430_FxYx4-M.jpg

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
Gunga Din

the last big engine blow up for Gungas engine 3 july 1955 Snetterton air field Uk by Ted Davis in the vincent three wheel car the crank pin broke and and made a total mess of the engine the heads where saved the last I saw off the bike was at Harpers 1964 /5 when they where asking 250 pounds for it at that time you could buy a good shadow for 200 .

Somer

VOC Member
I had heard they came down to 200 pounds later.Still a lot back then.Thanks for the update.
627248600_MmsBF-M.jpg

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?