The Motorcycle: Design ~ Art ~ Desire

Martyn Goodwin

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The only real issue I see is shipping the vehicles into Qld. with the necessary permits and insurance. I know of one major exhibit that is having some problems with insurance but there a few months to have that sorted. At the moment I can think of worse things than spending two weeks in a nice hotel in warm and sunny Qld.
Problem solved for you Al now that ALL residents of NSW are prohibited from entering Queensland. A new COVID directive from the Qld government that came into effect 10 hours ago.

Magnetoman

VOC Member
Spot on - it is total solitary confinement - no leaving the room, no visitors, no paper mail, no interaction with the hotel or security staff .
Hmm, your approach seems somewhat different than ours. As I write this, 250,000 bikers are converging on Sturgis SD from everywhere in the U.S., where they will mingle for ten days in hotel lobbies, bars and restaurants, then return to the 48 contiguous States carrying souvenirs from the nice time they had. What harm could possibly come from these fine fellows having some harmless fun?

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
Hmm, your approach seems somewhat different than ours. As I write this, 250,000 bikers are converging on Sturgis SD from everywhere in the U.S., where they will mingle for ten days in hotel lobbies, bars and restaurants, then return to the 48 contiguous States carrying souvenirs from the nice time they had. What harm could possibly come from these fine fellows having some harmless fun?

Sturgis. Charles Darwin was correct!

Albervin

VOC Member
I think there be a lot more than mingling going on. The funny thing is they will wear this skull like masks when riding but remove them when they dismount. I'm talking about bikes here Martyn!!

vibrac

VOC Member
Looking at a Sturgis web cam they will be ok 'full throttle hand sanitizer' is $15.99 a half gallon plus they are on Harley's so it won't spread very quickly

Last edited:

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
Screen Shot 07-25-20 at 12.16 PM.JPG

Magnetoman

VOC Member
Sturgis. Charles Darwin was correct!
Unfortunately for us, his observations apply to entire species, not just to individuals within a given species and, equally unfortunately, transmission of covid is species-wide, independent of individual IQ. It's not just that during this pandemic stupid people are doing stupid things and dying, their actions are taking others down with them.

Bringing it back to the QAGOMA exhibition, if only residents of Queensland are able to see it, so be it. And, if it turns out that even that is not possible given whatever the circumstances are in November, so be that as well. An appropriate, science-based response to dealing with this pandemic is the only way to get through this with the minimum possible number of deaths. If anyone reading this needs to be convinced that the U.S. has failed its people by not having anything even remotely like such a response, I offer as evidence the 250,000 people converging this weekend on a small town in South Dakota.

LoneStar

VOC Member
Here are the restriction in force in Victoria.
  • We are not permitted to travel any further than 5 km from home.
  • When we go out face masks are a must with fines of up to $20,000 (not a typo) if you are caught not wearing one.
  • We are allowed out from home ONLY for 1. Shopping (but only one person at a time), 2. Attending a medical appointment, 3. If you are an essential worker (health pro or cop) attending work and 4. Exercise - but must be on foot and then only 1 hour per day..
  • We now have a curfew from 8 pm to 5 am. Breach it and again $20,000 fines

It would be nice if governments could implement reasonable policies, without on the one hand arbitrary rules like the above (why is a solo ride of 6km at 8:30pm a menace to health?), and on the other a complete lack of preventive measures (like 250,000 people allowed to converge on Sturgis).