The Motorcycle: Design ~ Art ~ Desire

Magnetoman

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
would love to think that you are correct and all of the advise being delivered by our leaders in Australia is wrong.
Martyn, I don't know how you've inferred that from what I've written. QAGOMA already is open, but if the exhibition opened today, only people in Queensland could see it. Perhaps by the end of November it still will be the case that only people in Queensland will be able to see it, or perhaps the situation will get bad there and QAGOMA will have to close again, or perhaps the country-wide situation will improve to where it was in the middle of June and Queensland will allow borders with some or all of the other States to open.

I'm not contradicting the data or anything being said by the leaders in Australia. All I'm saying is that QAGOMA is open, as allowed by the Queensland leaders, and the exhibition is still on schedule to open on 28 November.

Albervin

VOC Member
The only real issue I see is shipping the vehicles into Qld. with the necessary permits and insurance. I know of one major exhibit that is having some problems with insurance but there a few months to have that sorted. At the moment I can think of worse things than spending two weeks in a nice hotel in warm and sunny Qld.

Magnetoman

VOC Member
I can think of worse things than spending two weeks in a nice hotel in warm and sunny Qld.
The key word is 'in' since I think the authorities have in mind for you to eat room service morning, noon and night for two weeks in the confines of your hotel room, rather than wander out to lay on the beach with the taipans. I've stayed in some very nice hotels in my life, but none of them had rooms where I wouldn't feel trapped and bored out of my mind after 24 hours of confinement.

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
The key word is 'in' since I think the authorities have in mind for you to eat room service morning, noon and night for two weeks in the confines of your hotel room, rather than wander out to lay on the beach with the taipans. I've stayed in some very nice hotels in my life, but none of them had rooms where I wouldn't feel trapped and bored out of my mind after 24 hours of confinement.
Spot on - it is total solitary confinement - no leaving the room, no visitors, no paper mail, no interaction with the hotel or security staff . You would have a phone and internet though.

And if you happen to test positive to COVID while in confinement the clock is reset and you face a further 14 days in solitary.

Albervin

VOC Member

Whiteshadow15

Non-VOC Member
Of course you know there are Britten's outside of the USA? As I said, this one is Extra Special. That is all I will say because I do not want to speak out of turn. If the curator wants to divulge more information that is his choice.

I do understand that, 10 produced and 2 are at Barber with them saying that one specifically is theirs. Not sure what else there is to take from that.

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
Of course you know there are Britten's outside of the USA? As I said, this one is Extra Special. That is all I will say because I do not want to speak out of turn. If the curator wants to divulge more information that is his choice.

Is it the one out of John's House in Christchurch? His daughter rebuilt the family home after the Earth Quakes and has an Air BNB out of the house. There is a bike in the house as a bit of kinetic art.