The Most Original Black Lightning on the Planet?

Little Honda

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Interesting to see in the early pictures that the bike had dunlop rims on it with painted centres. Much like the regular machines. In the later picture with the current owner it shows the Borani raised edge racing rims. It does not mention anything about Borani in the dispatch sheets.

My impatience when writing coupled with a touch of dyslexia makes for interesting reading.
When RC3548 was raced on presentation runs over the last years, it had some alterations fm original, which
made it more reliable and easier to ride: Modern tyres and rims instead original 20"/21" like now, home made
clutch instead original, electronic ignition instead manual racing mag, Bing carbs 32mm instead original Amal
TTs, Girdraulics instead Bramptons, like now, 2 front heads instead one front plus one rear, as delivered and like
now, different handle bar, been replaced by original now, 2 rear springs plus damper, instead 3 springs without
as original. Also, the original shadow clock with 250kph dial was not fitted up to now.
Ernst will also fit the original low exhaust system, which did not allow the kickstarter, which he had fitted up to
now, to remain independent fm electricity supply in the paddocks for paddock starter.
I personally regret, that it has been taken out of its life on track as a strong performer, outcompeting many
other stronger and more modern machines, never breaking down, never swimming in oil, and never being
dangerous to ride - just unforgettable!

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
Burns and Wright machine. It shows it having Borani's.

Bob-Burns300 001.jpg

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Ernst will also fit the original low exhaust system, which did not allow the kickstarter, which he had fitted up to now
It may have been originally fitted with an exhaust system that allowed a kickstarter. The factory records have “RHKS”, which may mean right hand kickstart.

litnman

VOC Member
If the B&W had Borrani's, what did the Rollie record bike have? B&W's looks like Dunlop to me.
B&W vs Rollie F.jpg