The loss of visibility

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Ok - we don't get French films here, and I think the humour would be lost in the subtitles - we English aren't the best linguists in the world.

H

ps I don't think the Gendarme I met was joking.

Howard

VOC Member
Thanks Pete that's a real tangent! I never think of French trains as anything but ultra modern TGV etc.

H

Len Matthews

VOC Member
That was much better compared to Burt Lancaster chasing all round the SNCF in "The Train". Not a very sophisticated method of lowering and raising the water scoop though!

Alan J

VOC Member
Paul Goff sells 6 and 12 volt 23 watt QH sidelights to use as running lights. I've fitted them to two bikes now. In visibility terms it's as good as running with headlamps on. (In fact they're much better than the headlights on some of the bikes I cut my teeth on!) They cost £4 each. The only caveat is that they can only be used in metal sidelight holders: they generate too much heat for plastic ones.
Tom, on the way back from "the Dragon" yesterday in the pouring rain I lost all electrical power -apart from my much maligned mag. On J.B. and I examining the problem we found that the 20watt quartz Halogen bulb had overheated my metal holder and melted the insulation-back to the drawing board!!