The indian petrol tank saga.

Chris Launders

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I made stainless ones, threaded the tube and a spare carb top 6mm so they are rigid up/down in the carb but can swivel. Meets the UFM at about 45 degrees, bends and then runs parallel, with the cable outer from then on, used a piece of 1/4 tube epoxied on to receive the cable end.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Venhill stock numerous ferrule bends as they refer to them, mostly metric for Japanese bikes, but I am sure they could be used or adapted for use.

Chris.R

VOC Member
When I made the cable adaptors on the norvin, 3/16 fits the carb. If you put a piece of 1/4 on the end the cable will have a pocket to sit in nicely.
Thanks Roy I found 3/16 copper tube on line the 1/4 I have I used to be a plumber which is no bad thing so ready to go thanks.

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
I had two types from Venhill not suitable making my own seems the best option.
Chris my handsome, it's far more satisfying, as the creative thing is so much better than just putting ones hand in the pocket and buying it. One of my evening routines is to go to the club shop and price up all the things I'd made that day, runs into £ hundreds some times. We should all be able to buy what is required for our bikes as they have earned more than we have just by sitting there. What tight bastards we are, keeping a bike all these years on a shoestring the other option is paying road fund licences, higher insurance, higher fuel consumption, Higher servicing cost as we can't do them ourselves, loss due to depreciation, last but not least I'm not riding the thing I like most.
bananaman.

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
Venhills will make the bends and threads to suit any situation.
They will also make the cables in Featherlight, ss inner, silver soldered nipples, Teflon liner, sturdy outer. Very high quality, no lube needed.

Glen

Chris.R

VOC Member
Chris my handsome, it's far more satisfying, as the creative thing is so much better than just putting ones hand in the pocket and buying it. One of my evening routines is to go to the club shop and price up all the things I'd made that day, runs into £ hundreds some times. We should all be able to buy what is required for our bikes as they have earned more than we have just by sitting there. What tight bastards we are, keeping a bike all these years on a shoestring the other option is paying road fund licences, higher insurance, higher fuel consumption, Higher servicing cost as we can't do them ourselves, loss due to depreciation, last but not least I'm not riding the thing I like most.
bananaman.
For me after a 50 year riding gap it is a steep learning curve more traffic more road humps indeed more of everything it has been costly but pleasant rebuilding the now old lady. I have now to get ready to take the bike when covid allows to Morpeth to show its original 1954 owner Tom is now 86 so I need all the riding practice I can get and get the assorted niggles sorted out.

Chris

Bart

Forum User
VOC Member
For Guzzi's I remember this:
Screenshot_20200928-223105_Firefox.jpg
It's the little thingy on top of the carburettor.
There's a ball bearing in it and the throttle goes very smooth around a tight corner with it.

'Rollenumlenkung':